lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #1
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

Default 92 ezgo gas missing jet

So I'm working on a buddies cart, the thing barely moves when it's floored. Tear into the carb to clean it and find a jet missing... Can it run like that? My buddy is extremely cheap and doesn't want to buy anything... Isn't that the fuel jet? And what's that cost.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (1.4 KB, 0 views)
Rodriguezmf1250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2014, 10:02 PM   #2
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 92 ezgo gas missing jet

Was it ever running well? Who removed the main jet? I wouldn't think it would run correctly since there is nothing to meter the fuel coming into the venturi or anything for the float needle to seat against to stop the fuel from free flowing into the throat of the carb. I recently saw a rebuild kit available for a range of year models but I don't recall the cutoff of the year range. I don't see how he's gonna get away with not spending money on that. Either by locating a jet or new carb.
sccowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 02:10 AM   #3
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

No idea who removed it. I know he said he drive it and it never got up to speed, and then I looked at it. I drove it and it goes like 5 mph tops. I'll try to locate some parts and quote them for him, I don't see how it can run like that either.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:27 AM   #4
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

Would it be an option to replace the carb? Or should I try to find the main jet? I'm sure I can talk him into spending something knowing the **** thing won't run without it.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:53 AM   #5
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

It can't hurt to just replace the carb. Identify which engine it is... Either the eh29 (295cc) or eh35 (350cc). I say that because if someone tampered with the carb, they have likely also played with thefloat aand who knows what.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #6
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

Eh35 is what his is. Also, the airbox has 2 blank holes where the airbox mounts to the carb. I've seen a baffle mount there but don't know if that's the case with his and if so what effect that has on the way it runs.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Ok, download this manual:

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/27615-g01.pdf

There is a baffle that goes in there and 2 insert sleeves that go in those holes. You will need to get the carb right before you go any further in my opinion. The other service manual is found in the tech section of this site. I would go ahead and download it as it will assist you as you go thru his cart. The one above is for the engine and the other guide covers the rest of the cart as well as diagnosing various systems and components

To make it easier...... here ya go:

http://products.jacobsen.com/img/manuals/605586.pdf
Old 10-10-2014, 09:15 PM   #8
Rodriguezmf1250
Getting Wild

Sccowboy your the man... Thank you. He broke down and said he would spend money. Found a carb on Amazon that says it works, it is cheap, don't know if it matters. Think it is good enough? I agree with getting the carb going first, can't dial anything in without the right fuel/air mixture.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:11 PM   #9
sccowboy
It ain't gonna be easy.

E-Z-GO

Can you pm he amazon link? Ill look at it for what its worth..... Im just a dumb redneck lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO