lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2014, 08:14 PM   #11
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: clone runnin but backfiring switching gears...flat at 1/4 throttle

Gotcha....again many thanks...top end is unreal...i'll report tomorrow
Dog321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2014, 08:26 PM   #12
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

10-4...thanks
Old 10-20-2014, 09:58 PM   #13
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I gps 38 so far with mine on 22s but it has ported/cut head, 4 degree key, header/car muffler, 1.3 ratio rockers, HD springs, car airbox, and new carb one of these days after I get the 94c to shift the way I want. Ton of fun for sure though I hardly ever go that fast normally.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:39 AM   #14
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Holy Friggin Crap!!! ...thats fast!!!!.... it sounds like you've built the motor for settin records on the salt flats....lol....due to my age/health i just need a cart to get around the neighborhood in...so i can keep my big nose in everyones beeswax...i've built or pumped up many toys in my days(like putting a 48 Plymouth on a 74 Chevelle frame...406,4spd,posi,)...this is my first trip with a cart....this forum is so incredable !!!... i have never belong to one b4 however used different ones to obtain info...everyone in here is "top notch"...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1088-1.jpg (135.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #15
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

The cart gods were shinin down on me today !!! I Did as Sho suggested..drilled out cap..seated screw(gently)....backed out 2 full turns.....OMG...easier starting...no pop on slowdown...climing out of ditch...IMPRESSIVE !!(to me)...i'll run her like this for a while & pull the plug for a reading....thanks
Old 10-21-2014, 05:43 PM   #16
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

That screw is the idle mix, turn out for rich to get rid of pop and start easier with no choke. You still have to hog out the main jet in the bowl for full throttle issues.

Here is a video, though the new clutch was not shifting right at that time. Its works better now still not perfect. I don't have much into mods the entire block is stock including the cam, but not much left to do other than a better/larger carb and not had time to fabricate the custom intake I need to bolt one on there.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #17
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Funny u should send me that video....i saw it on youtube while i was lookin for ideas....lol....great clip !
Old 10-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #18
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Talkin about the clutch...the reason i stuck with the G9 stock clutch is because its so touchy messin with comets(94c)....i've clutched lots of sleds in my days and its quite a job nailing the right ramps & engagement spring(so so many)....but once u do....hang on.....i'd be breakin lots of parts...like my father told me when i was young....NOT EVERYTIME U STEP ON THE PEDAL THE BACK TIRES ARE GONNA SPIN....SOMETIMES SOMETHING EALSE IS GONNA SPIN AND COST U BIG MONEY....very true statement id say....i've spun lots of other stuff in my life...HE WAS RIGHT !!...lol
Old 10-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #19
Dog321
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

When i shut the cart off....a second later.....POW!....its dun that since install....and still does now any ideers??????
Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #20
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Set your idle slow as you can, turn the screw out some maybe half turn more long as it idles ok. Check for any leaks in exhaust such as the head gasket flange, pipe, etc, as any oxygen in there will help make it go boom. If you have the governor on it make sure its not opening the throttle when it goes under idle. Sometimes its just the muffler and you have to use a different one.

Yeah I like tires to spin too lol! Went through a lot of them but GC is the only thing I have now that spins too many other projects and family stuff.....can't work on cars its hard enough to get at my cart. I need to be retired so I have time for fun stuff again lol but it will be a long time yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha