lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2008, 10:43 PM   #11
Pidgeball
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Considering a Workhorse, Please advise

It's like you can see the future Ruredy. I was just coming in to ask what it means when there's only one piston moving with the plugs out! What's my next move? Do an exchange or try to rebuild it myself?
Pidgeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2008, 06:13 AM   #12
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pidgeball View Post
What's my next move? Do an exchange or try to rebuild it myself?
If you have to ask this question your probably better off exchanging or buying used.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:21 PM   #13
Pidgeball
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the advice. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #14
Pidgeball
Not Yet Wild

Well, the gassers can finally get some attention. I moved my brother-in-laws 36v club out for Thanksgiving. It looks as though the Workhorse is going to have to get a partial rebuild. I started work on a sweet ez go gasser for my parents last weekend. I got it cleaned up ok, adjusted the valves, cleaned the carb and replaced the plugs so it's running great now. Just a couple of snags. The brakes seemed a bit mushy so I tensioned down on the single cable adjustment under the driver's feet where the two cables join as one. Is that right, or should I be pulling wheels and adjusting something in the hardware? BTW it's gotten better, but still doesn't seem to be 100%. Also the steering seems to be really touchy. Maybe it's just me not getting used to the lift on it, but the club 36v seemed to be a lot smoother at top speed than this one is. If you're cruising down the street at 15 mph or so the slightest nudge on the wheel will send you across the street. Can this be adjusted make the steering less responsive? As always, any advice is much appreciated.

BTW here's some pics of the new cart. Couldn't beat the price. free.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03376.jpg (119.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03381.jpg (105.3 KB, 9 views)
Old 11-30-2008, 12:42 AM   #15
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum Big L..................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:22 PM   #16
liftedwelding
Getting Wild

Club Car

is all the steering linkage tight and ball joints in good shape?
liftedwelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:43 PM   #17
Pidgeball
Not Yet Wild

From what I can see yes. I was adjusting the tie rods Friday because It feels like it wants to pull to the left and when I measured the distance between the inside front of the rims and inside back of the rims they were off. I'm thinking that the previous owner running it into a tree on the right front corner didn't help much.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:00 PM   #18
ruredy
Born Wild

sounds like a toe in/out problem. should be about 1/4" less in the front if measured at the inside of the tires. Sevice manual tells how to adjust it.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #19
Pidgeball
Not Yet Wild

I'll take the hint this time Ruredy. Ordered the manual for it just now. I also went through the wheels today ( I have a second set identical to the ones on the cart now) and noticed that the offsets are different between the front and back. The tread direction was also off on one where the previous owner had kind of mixed and matched the various wheels in any order. I remounted them with the treads facing similar to your picture Ruredy, assuming it's correct, and I put the deeper offset rims on the rear of the cart assuming that's where I want the wider 'stance' for more stability. It seems to me like the cart runs much more smoothly. Does that sound right to you guys?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO