lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
shaanar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb 3.3 to 3.7 club car motor swap?

I have a Carryall2 with a part number 102775101 AU2500 3.7 hp motor and a precedent with a part number 103572501 AU2500 3.3 hp motor.

The carryall is for everybody to use, including the kids. We use it to get firewood, carry tools around, and when we are lucky throw a deer or turkey in the back. This cart does not need to go fast. I would rather it went slow because the roads are really bumpy and the kids don't need to be flooring it. As additional information I bought this cart from an out of business course where it was used by the maintenance guys. With the gps I clocked it at 19.2 mph on a flat paved road. The regen or gas pedal up braking is on.

The precedent is MY cart. It is lifted with a rear seat and I put the HD leaf springs on the back. (I paid for both carts and keep both of them working so I kinda feel like I deserve the "tricked out" cart.) Also, I am mostly responsible as far as knowing when its ok to go fast . I clocked this cart at 17mph with the gps on a paved road. The regen or gas pedal up braking is not active on this cart but I wish it was (I know I am strange but I like it).

If it can be done, is it worth it for me to swap the motors? Would I need to swap controllers as well? Anything else? What would I expect to gain and lose by swapping?

You guys are always awesome and any info is greatly appreciated. THANKS!!!
shaanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2015, 09:17 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 3.3 to 3.7 club car motor swap?

The Carryall is equipped with the IQ Plus system and the Precedent is equipped with either the IQ system or the Excel system, meaning that they are using the corresponding motor controllers that are mapped and programmed to work with the motors that they are powering. If you mismatch them you'll run into a compatibility issue with the motor/controller combination and could result in motor or controller damage. Sepex systems such as these must have motors and controllers that are setup to work with each other. You could swap controllers, but I'm afraid it's not that simple. The wiring harness and controller plugs are totally different. If you want to do something totally wild and custom, let me know. But, it's far more complex than a bolt in swap.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:26 AM   #3
shaanar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
The Carryall is equipped with the IQ Plus system and the Precedent is equipped with either the IQ system or the Excel system, meaning that they are using the corresponding motor controllers that are mapped and programmed to work with the motors that they are powering. If you mismatch them you'll run into a compatibility issue with the motor/controller combination and could result in motor or controller damage. Sepex systems such as these must have motors and controllers that are setup to work with each other. You could swap controllers, but I'm afraid it's not that simple. The wiring harness and controller plugs are totally different. If you want to do something totally wild and custom, let me know. But, it's far more complex than a bolt in swap.
That is what I was afraid of. I appreciate the response. I think I will just focus on tricking out the Precedent and leaving the carryall as is. Thanks again for the response!!!
Old 03-24-2015, 05:21 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

What's the serial number on the Precedent? I can give you some tips.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
shaanar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
What's the serial number on the Precedent? I can give you some tips.
THANKS!!! The serial number is PH1112-181454.

The cosmetic stuff is done, it has the a-arm lift, and I did put the HD springs on the back. I would like to get into controller and/or motor upgrades. I'm not a speed demon, but I love torque. Any recommendations of where to start or a plan of things to upgrade as funds come in would really be appreciated. The cart seems straight and clean and its a lot less squeaky than my carryall. I do think I got ripped off on the purchase price because it came with junk batteries but that is my own fault and I am over it haha. Really appreciate any advice. Thanks again!
Old 03-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #6
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanar View Post
THANKS!!! The serial number is PH1112-181454.

The cosmetic stuff is done, it has the a-arm lift, and I did put the HD springs on the back. I would like to get into controller and/or motor upgrades. I'm not a speed demon, but I love torque. Any recommendations of where to start or a plan of things to upgrade as funds come in would really be appreciated. The cart seems straight and clean and its a lot less squeaky than my carryall. I do think I got ripped off on the purchase price because it came with junk batteries but that is my own fault and I am over it haha. Really appreciate any advice. Thanks again!

As for the batteries, the way I look at it, that was TAX. Dave Ramsey calls that stupid tax. I've paid a lot of them.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:57 AM   #7
shaanar
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
As for the batteries, the way I look at it, that was TAX. Dave Ramsey calls that stupid tax. I've paid a lot of them.
Yep, it was stupid tax indeed. I got antsy and made a bad decision. I listen to Dave almost everyday, I should have known better!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car