lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-22-2015, 08:02 AM   #1
kb8yrw
Not Yet Wild

Default Too much Lift?

Hello everyone,
This is my first post but I have been lurking for a while. I purchased an 2011 Precedent a couple weeks ago and of course cannot leave it alone. My first thought was to lift it 6 inches and put the biggest tires I could on it. I have a neighbor (69 yrs old, I'm 49) who cannot stand me having anything he does not have (all in good fun) I told him my plans for the cart and he questioned why I even bought it. Three days later a truck pulls up with the same cart only lifted 6 inches! I climbed on his cart and we went for a ride. Now I am rethinking going that high because it is kind of a PITA climbing up on that. I watch him getting on and off and I am thinking he is regretting going that high as well although he would never admit it. So in the spirit of neighborly fun I told him I was thinking about lowering mine For now I am going to settle for being called Junior when he pulls up next to me and telling him to be careful getting off of it so he doesn't break a hip hasn't got old yet. I am seriously thinking about maybe a 4" would be more practical but just don't know if my ego will allow it! I was wondering if anyone else thought 6" lift was too much?
Thanks for all the great info on this site!!!
kb8yrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2015, 08:34 AM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: Too much Lift?

It's all personal preference. I'm about to install All Sports new 11" lift on mine.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:38 AM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I don't have a lift, just tall tires.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:00 AM   #4
glassk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Is "too much" even in the dictionary,..?
glassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:52 AM   #5
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

TahoeD, is the new allsports 11" lift for precedent only? I don't remember seeing that in the new catalog. I just put their 8" ezgo LT on a cart I'm building and it seems very well built but that was expected.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:21 PM   #6
fishbooz
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
It's all personal preference. I'm about to install All Sports new 11" lift on mine.
Hey TahoeDawg....I have a 2011 precedent excel stock with 6 inch lift 23 tires, I brought my cart to you last year and you did the rear lift for me the right way. I m looking at the madjax 600 amp with on the fly programmer, what are your thoughts on this over the new alltrax xct ? pros or cons , I have stock motor right now
fishbooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwayaustx View Post
TahoeD, is the new allsports 11" lift for precedent only? I don't remember seeing that in the new catalog. I just put their 8" ezgo LT on a cart I'm building and it seems very well built but that was expected.
Yes sir it's only for the Precedent. I've not installed one yet, only seen pictures. It's very impressive. It looks like it will hold up well. Very beefy.
Old 08-24-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbooz View Post
Hey TahoeDawg....I have a 2011 precedent excel stock with 6 inch lift 23 tires, I brought my cart to you last year and you did the rear lift for me the right way. I m looking at the madjax 600 amp with on the fly programmer, what are your thoughts on this over the new alltrax xct ? pros or cons , I have stock motor right now
I remember it well. Give me a call and we'll talk about options. If you don't have my number you can find it on the website. Link below.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car