lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-13-2016, 01:41 PM   #1
qkidloc
Not Yet Wild

Exclamation Melex 212 Power

I just purchased a Melex 212 cart and I'm noticing very little speed going up inclines, on steeper climbs I feel I may have to get out and push it, but it just crawls to the top. I've tested all 6 batteries and they all are great. Thinking about going to 4G cables, but maybe just looking for any help with these carts?

I've noticed when going to purchase cables that they will say eazy-go or club car cables. Will these still work on the Melex Cart? Any help would be great. Thank You!
qkidloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-13-2016, 04:07 PM   #2
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Melex 212 Power

Melex is a knock off of ezgo so that cable set will probably work i made my own from 2g welding cable, slugs and ends.

I beleive that should be a resistor coil cart. One or more of your resistors could be broken.

Did u test your batteries witha dvm while driving the cart?

Finally, WELCOME TO BGW!
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 04:44 PM   #3
qkidloc
Not Yet Wild

Thank you Epb,

No I have not tested the batteries while driving the cart. What would I be looking for while driving? I get they will slowly drain, but at what rate?

Yes, the cart is a coil cart.

Is it true, that a 6volt battery should read 6.3 at full charge and 6.0 25%-discharge?

Always, thanks for any info.
qkidloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 06:46 PM   #4
Epb
Gone Wild
Club Car

6.37 100% 6.05 50%
I dont know the rate and many wont it depends on terrain, uphill, brake drag, weight etc.
hook up the dvm to each battery while driving the same terrain after a full charge and resting at 38.2v after 12 hrs.
report the results
basically if u dont get full voltage after charge and/or a battery goes to 4 then you have a bad battery or two or...
its best to report the results and lets see what they are and if we are on the border then we can get others to chime in on their take.
you still want to check components for rust, cracks, breaks, cable connections....
when i had a 252 it was fast imo compared to my other two at the time. Maybe 14 or 15.
Epb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cables, controller, motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts