lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2016, 03:30 PM   #1
danlewis75
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller Issue

I just bought a used 07 Ruff and Tuff cruiser two wheel drive. I am only going about 14mph which from what I am told I should be getting 20mph. I talked with a local golf cart repair guy and told him that the side of my sepex controller says 300 A current. He said it should be a 650 A and it must not be the original controller. He says that is why I am only going about 14mph. Does this sound right to yall? And if so he said a new controller is $1,000! Any other options I have to increase speed?
danlewis75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2016, 08:34 PM   #2
danlewis75
Not Yet Wild

Default Controller Issue

Here is my controller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2016, 12:57 PM   #3
danlewis75
Not Yet Wild

Nobody?

Old 03-10-2016, 08:58 AM   #4
Tech Support
How Can I Help?

Default Re: Controller Issue

It's definitely not the original, I can see the outline of the original on the backing plate. 300A is pretty small for a vehicle with that weight, and usually what you would see for a plain old golf car at a country club. I'd guess from the footprint it had a good size original controller in there. Because wiring it back in might be a little tricky, the $1000 might not be too bad a quote. You can also find a lot of used/reman controllers out there too, instead of purchasing new.
Tech Support is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 09:08 PM   #5
danlewis75
Not Yet Wild

Ok sounds good. The outline might be the cover I took off as well. Is there a certain type of controller I can use on my cart other than this China one?

Tags
amp, amps, controller, ruff and tuff
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts