lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-09-2016, 02:49 PM   #11
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New cart.

Most 36V controllers will probably work on 42V ok. Yes you will need a new charger - and you might want to get one that can also do 48V in the future.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #12
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think I will stay 36v right now.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:26 AM   #13
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok so step dad said the charger would not kick on. So I charged them 2 at the time on my auto charger. And the battery meter showed full. I just plugged it up about an hour ago. It's taking a charge and looking good. We will see how long these bateries will push the cart. The date code on them makes them right at 7 years old!!! But worth a shot to see there in there already!

One other thing I noticed in the side of the battery compartment on the driver side there was a fuse block. I put the battery meter on it and it has 12v!!! Sweet no need for a reducer now. I guess this is the factory set up to run the lights for the Freedom model. Is this set up proper or do they just tap 2 batteries for the 12v?
Old 05-10-2016, 06:28 AM   #14
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

And another question. I want to disable reverse buzzer. It sounds like it's under controller cover? I didn't have time to dig. But is that where it is and is there a wire that I can unplug to get rid of it?
Old 05-10-2016, 07:55 AM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

12 volts is coming from the back battery on the passenger side and back center. Black wire and a green. Reducer would be better but what you have works.

Reverse buzzer is under the front cover with the FNR switch. I would not disconnect it but that is your call. I little bit of electrical tape does wonders..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:25 AM   #16
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
12 volts is coming from the back battery on the passenger side and back center. Black wire and a green. Reducer would be better but what you have works.

Reverse buzzer is under the front cover with the FNR switch. I would not disconnect it but that is your call. I little bit of electrical tape does wonders..
I came to this conclusion...looking at the wires. I noticed the two batteries your talking about had the small wires coming off them. I probably will leave it? If I put a radio and end up useing it alot I will add a reducer to even out discharge.

As for the buzzer I don't want it. I don't want to be going to or from my hunting spot and hear that horrific beeper.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:28 AM   #17
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

The reverse buzzer is an important safety device. Don't remove it. You can tone it down by putting a piece of tape over the sound hole on it though.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:29 AM   #18
Helirich
Gone Wild

I think you should reconsider the buzzer. You can knock that buzzer down to almost nothing with tape. I don't need it for warning people behind me, but it's nice to warn myself that I'm about to go backwards. Going to or from your hunting spot should be in forward, so it's not a big deal.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 10:02 AM   #19
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
I think you should reconsider the buzzer. You can knock that buzzer down to almost nothing with tape. I don't need it for warning people behind me, but it's nice to warn myself that I'm about to go backwards. Going to or from your hunting spot should be in forward, so it's not a big deal.
My roads are too narrow to turn around in. So I could drive there stealth. But upon leaving I don't want to alert the world to my presence even though I'm leaving. I'm just one of those people. I will try tape to see what it does.
Old 05-10-2016, 10:11 AM   #20
Helirich
Gone Wild

You can make it so quiet, that only the driver can hear it. It can be so quiet that even the driver can't hear it once you start moving. (The motor/tires drowned it out)

If you are really determined to eliminate it, I would consider a small LED light next to your key. That way, when you turn the key on, the light comes on if your in reverse.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO