lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
CLOZER
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default AC Motor Controller upgrade question

Posting this in the EZgo section because there are a lot more members here. I have a Yamaha Drive with AC motor. I want to upgrade the controller and came across this guy.

http://www.buggiesunlimited.com/golf...2008-up)/31948

My question is for the AC guys here. Is there a difference in controllers when you go from DC to AC? Or will this one work for the new AC motors? Also, for the AC guys who have down a similar upgrade, what did you do?

Thanks!
CLOZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-07-2016, 06:38 AM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: AC Motor Controller upgrade question

That looks like a DC controller, Nivitas brought one to show me in a vehcile once. Though it may be the same casing. The link doesn't specify AC or DC and the image doesn't show the post labels.

But to answer your question more directly. Typically the AC control is tuned to the motor its paired with. Depending on how user friendly the controller is you can tune it upon install or upgrade. Or hopefully the seller of the control can do it for you with some information. It is a bit trickier than mapping a SEPEX and may require some specialized equipment.

That's not to say it wont work but it may have poor performance and jerky movement if not done properly. However, if that is indeed an upgrade specifically designed for that vehicle as an upgrade then it should be plug and play.
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 07:22 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: AC Motor Controller upgrade question

Pretty sure that is for a DC system and not AC. I have heard rumors that they may have one coming but not yet.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO