lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2016, 04:40 PM   #1
Exotic4x4
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 89 ezgo axle spline size and count

Hey everyone! New to the forums, there's a lot of good info on here!! To introduce my project I purchased an 89 ezgo medalist electric. The motor was hacked and the wiring was junk it didn't have batteries so I ended up repowering it with a 13 hp gas predator motor. I installed a 6" lift kit along with ITP 12" wheels wrapped with 22x11's, it looks stout with the 3" wheel spacers!! Here's where I'm at, I started a live axle swap and didn't like the way it look now did I trust if it's hold articulation, I had 4 bearing hangers on a 1" shaft welded to the lift blocks and 4 linked it. Now I'm ditching that idea, I'm going to take the stock rear axle cut the differential portion out leaving my bearings shock mounts drum brakes and all the goodies and run a cupplee between the 2 axles shafts with a keyed sprocket so I can still service it I don't want any hard welds incase repair. I called many ezgo dealers today and I cannot find out the diameter and spline count on the stock axle shafts that go into the spider gears. I have a calipers (I'm an ex machinist) I never played with nor measured splines before. Do I measure the od of the splines then count the splines to find female couplers OR EVEN BETTER if someone knows and can save me the trouble of ripping mine all apart at the moment and knows the axle shaft size and spline size id really be appreciated. I know I'll get flack for chopping the factory axle but that's the route I'm going until winter until I have the time to machine out an axle tube for bearings and a new 4 link. Thank you very much!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (10.2 KB, 0 views)
Exotic4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #2
Exotic4x4
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 89 ezgo axle spline size and count

After I get the drive train configured the plastic is getting fiber glassed and molded along with new interior and a wicked airbrushed paint job
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.1 KB, 0 views)
Exotic4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO