lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2016, 01:55 PM   #1
Fish258
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 1998 ezgo txt please help

Ok so I cleaned all terminals batteries full and charged, went to use it next day and won't go. With the key on in forward all you hear is the solenoid click when pressing the pedal down. I jacked up the back with key on and battery pack reads 37.4 volts. So when I have volt mtr on packs main positive and negative and hit the pedal then it works. Does anyone know what is wrong here?
Fish258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1998 ezgo txt please help

No but, Clemsoncartguy will be along shortly and I'm sure he knows
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
Filthy-Beast
Not Yet Wild

You have an intermittent problem. The meter on the terminal means nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Filthy-Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:10 PM   #4
Filthy-Beast
Not Yet Wild

You need to check high voltage pah

Old 07-30-2016, 03:11 PM   #5
Filthy-Beast
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy-Beast View Post
You need to check high voltage pah

Can't figure out how edit with tapatalk. Check the path of the high voltage power.

Old 07-30-2016, 05:12 PM   #6
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
No but, Clemsoncartguy will be along shortly and I'm sure he knows
Is this The standard answer now?

I had this issue. One problem in the petal box was one micro switch was almost rotted off. Fixed that . But I had the same problem and the connections on the ITS were corroded. I cleaned them up and The cart then moved.

Not made up or a guess. Not saying it is his problem but that was my problem and a place to look along the way. Seems like it can be a common issue with the petal box being low under floor board and kind of open allowing moisture inside to correct the connections.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 07:27 PM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
...Not made up or a guess. Not saying it is his problem but that was my problem...
That makes it a guess!

Final warning!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:13 PM   #8
Clemsoncartguy
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockman1 View Post
That makes it a guess!

Final warning!
Dude this is a forum. Folks post their experience to help others know where to go and look for theirs.

Never said it's his problem. But I had the same symptom. It was not a high current wire in my case. It was ITS.
Clemsoncartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:37 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemsoncartguy View Post
Dude this is a forum. Folks post their experience to help others know where to go and look for theirs.

Never said it's his problem. But I had the same symptom. It was not a high current wire in my case. It was ITS.
He's not a Dude. He is the forum moderator. Which means he is saddled with the task of making sure the members behave themselves. Simple enough, right? One of his task is policing posts of errant information. You know stuff that isn't quite right or accurate. It's a tough job but, BGW is operating at the highest open forum standards. BGW will not tolerate incorrect information posted.

Read that again. BGW will not tolerate posters of inaccurate information. WHY YOU ASK?
Because BGW has the best golf cart forum in the world with daily contributions by renowned members who's advice is verifiably the best advice on the planet. Not some guess from a nephew of an auto mechanic but seasoned engineers, NASA technicians, and certified golf cart techs from around the country. That's who the people of this forum seek advice from.
If you 2 wankers truly believe you have all the answers go start your own *** forum. period... now

I apologize if I have offended anybody but this had to be said.
As always if these words offend the community or BGW staff please feel free to modify or delete them as you see fit.
Realize that you 2 have been here just a brief time (just months) in our 10 yr history. Take a chill pill. TY
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 08:56 PM   #10
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
He's not a Dude. He is the forum moderator. Which means he is saddled with the task of making sure the members behave themselves. Simple enough, right? One of his task is policing posts of errant information. You know stuff that isn't quite right or accurate. It's a tough job but, BGW is operating at the highest open forum standards. BGW will not tolerate incorrect information posted.

Read that again. BGW will not tolerate posters of inaccurate information. WHY YOU ASK?
Because BGW has the best golf cart forum in the world with daily contributions by renowned members who's advice is verifiably the best advice on the planet. Not some guess from a nephew of an auto mechanic but seasoned engineers, NASA technicians, and certified golf cart techs from around the country. That's who the people of this forum seek advice from.
If you 2 wankers truly believe you have all the answers go start your own *** forum. period... now

I apologize if I have offended anybody but this had to be said.
As always if these words offend the community or BGW staff please feel free to modify or delete them as you see fit.
Realize that you 2 have been here just a brief time (just months) in our 10 yr history. Take a chill pill. TY
You post it, you own it. Especially when you're 100% spot on correct.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1998 ezgo txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO