lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-02-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
millersouth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV

I put a set of 14 inch whells with low profile on my RXV. Now when i hear a clicking noise from the driver side rear tire area. Almost like a rock is in the center caps but I have already check for that. Everything is tight. It does it worse when I turn to the left. May try to tighten my crown nut on the hub. Anything else I need to look for?

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
millersouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-03-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV

since it sounds like you already suspected axle nut (15/16" nut in the middle of the 4 lug nuts, check that first, take it off & clean and lube those splines), didnt change it, likely needs a new wheel bearing. not too expensive to change. "i checked everything" is vague, read up on "txt drum splines" for info on how to treat RXV hub splines. the proper way to replace the wheel bearings is with a press, but can be done with improvised methods at home. clicking wheel bearings is somewhat common on the electric dana axles . i think the new wheel's added weight "finished it off". the "more noise when turning" thing adds to my suspicion of wheel bearing. could be changed by the DIY with some various pieces of pvc pipe, a socket, a hammer, some snap ring pliers, and a new cotter pin. must be careful to treat the new bearing nice, no undue side loads to it. if this job is "up your alley", read up on Txt Electric wheel bearing replacement (almost identical to RXV). if that sounds like too much or makes no sense, get it done at a shop.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO