lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2016, 01:59 PM   #1
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

Default RXV Danaher controller value?

What is my used controller worth? Its a 2009 RXV set to freedom. Works great.
I am considering upgrading to the Curtis 350 amp
vonjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Default Re: RXV Danaher controller value?

Not sure how much they actually go for but if you have issues finding a buyer on ebay or wherever, Flight Systems buys cores.

http://www.fsip.biz/
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

FSIP doesn't pay anywhere near enough for a working controller. You would be better listing it here or on your local craigslist.

2009 should be a Danher (sp) controller and the last I heard FSIP was paying out $25 for those cores.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 02:56 PM   #4
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

Do you know what the curtis part number is for the 350AMP controller? FSIP cant locate it under the EZGO number
Old 09-07-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you do it, get the curtis harness too, you can avoid that adapter box. Plus, your danaher is much more valuable with its good harness. Ezgo is on mega backorder with those harnesses and acid is destroying them (they are in high demand).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 03:06 PM   #6
vonjet
Not Yet Wild

I talked to FSIP. They do not have any remans in stock to purchase outright. If you buy it from EZGO do they supply the harness? I suppose not.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:08 PM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

They will supply the harness but you will pay for it.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 04:40 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonjet View Post
Do you know what the curtis part number is for the 350AMP controller? FSIP cant locate it under the EZGO number
The Curtis part number is 1206AC-5350 for the current edition. Listen to cgtech about the harness. You really want a Curtis type harness rather than the conversion kit. I bought a brand new 2016 date code 350 Amp upgrade controller from a seller on eBay. I have part numbers for RXV harnesses for both Danaher and Curtis types. You probably want a 2014 or newer harness, the CANBus changes are for the best.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 06:48 AM   #9
mjroman20
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitreborn View Post
FSIP doesn't pay anywhere near enough for a working controller. You would be better listing it here or on your local craigslist.

2009 should be a Danher (sp) controller and the last I heard FSIP was paying out $25 for those cores.
I agree there, thats why I said if all else fails

EZGO I think sells a whole kit for the upgrade, flight likely doesn't have any of the 350As they don't seem to be common enough for anyone to have sent any in.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Speed...roduct_id=6181

This is the only PN I know of for a kit but this is probably the one that should be avoided, yea?
mjroman20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjroman20 View Post
I agree there, thats why I said if all else fails

EZGO I think sells a whole kit for the upgrade, flight likely doesn't have any of the 350As they don't seem to be common enough for anyone to have sent any in.

https://shop.ezgo.com/products/Speed...roduct_id=6181

This is the only PN I know of for a kit but this is probably the one that should be avoided, yea?
Don't even think about buying it. E-Z-GO will take your money right away and hold onto it for months, then string you along while they wait for a controller to be delivered from Curtis, which will not come quickly. I waited 3 months for the backordered 1206AC-5350 controller to be shipped to E-Z-GO before I finally found that one on eBay and cancelled my order. It took E-Z-GO nearly a week to issue the refund.

The upgrade controller will need to be programmed by a dealer to set it for the mode you desire. It will come set for mode 2, about 12 MPH. The biggest improvement you'll experience is hill climbing power. Flat ground performance will not change unless you have the parameters changed to take advantage of the greater torque capability of more amps. The factory parameters are identical to the stock Curtis 1206AC-52XX parameters. From what those with Danaher controllers have posted, the power is better than the Danaher.

I installed a brand new 2016 harness in my RXV, added the wiring to restore support for the CANBus port under the cupholder, and added the CANBus speedometer wiring and the associated rabbit/turtle switch wiring to support a 2Five controller if I choose to use one in the future. The pristine 2014 Curtis type harness that I removed was put in a box and set aside as a spare.

Oh, the harness you'll need to support a Curtis controller is E-Z-GO part# 618950 or newer. That is the first Curtis type harness (no adapter or harness splicing required) that is plug and play.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO