lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-03-2009, 09:25 PM   #1
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Question 350cc 11hp rev limiter

So what do you guys think?? With the governor tightened all the way in or removed --- same difference i supposed ?? Right ???

Do you think that the stock rev limiter will keep the motor from coming a part ??

I believe there all in the same range ????

Comments ???
Quadmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2009, 10:08 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 350cc 11hp rev limiter

its my feeling that these engines break rods because of the lack of oil or the oil gets to hot! i'm yet to blow one after installing a remote filter and oil cooler. just my 2 cents
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

I agree, oil is the key. I run the piss out of them bouncing off the rev limiter every time I run it, and have yet to have a one come apart on me. but...... I always used Mobil1 oil. I gotten engines that people blow up and it's always seem it's caused by a lack of oil or oil thats never changed.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:59 PM   #4
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Guys.I really appreciate your input. I guess a oil cooler will be in the works next. I know where the instructions are ( thanks to you 2 ). Synthetic oil is probably a good ideal too with 1 1/2 qt capacity.
Do you need to add for the cooler capacity & filter ?
Can't be much ??
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #5
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadmaster View Post
Thanks Guys.I really appreciate your input. I guess a oil cooler will be in the works next. I know where the instructions are ( thanks to you 2 ). Synthetic oil is probably a good ideal too with 1 1/2 qt capacity.
Do you need to add for the cooler capacity & filter ?
Can't be much ??
i like to start by draining the oil, making sure that the engine is level when draining! then with the cart on level ground add the 1.5qts oil and check to see were it shows on the stick. mark the level on the stick, now with the filter/cooler installed run the engine for 5 mins or so and recheck the oil level? now add oil until you reach the mark on the stick. note the amount of added oil and add that number to the 1.5qts=your new amount.
i don't like to install the oil cooler higher than the engine! if the cooler is to high i found that the oil will drain back into the block making it smoke on start up. mounting the cooler in front of the fan housing seems to work best, i mount them with threaded rod with locknuts and washers so the cooler stands off the housing about 2" to maintain good air flow. i found that a 35.00 trans cooler from napa, pep boys, etc works good, it's a little bit of work but well worth it.
Old 02-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Quadmaster
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: 350cc 11hp rev limiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzamaker View Post
i like to start by draining the oil, making sure that the engine is level when draining! then with the cart on level ground add the 1.5qts oil and check to see were it shows on the stick. mark the level on the stick, now with the filter/cooler installed run the engine for 5 mins or so and recheck the oil level? now add oil until you reach the mark on the stick. note the amount of added oil and add that number to the 1.5qts=your new amount.
i don't like to install the oil cooler higher than the engine! if the cooler is to high i found that the oil will drain back into the block making it smoke on start up. mounting the cooler in front of the fan housing seems to work best, i mount them with threaded rod with locknuts and washers so the cooler stands off the housing about 2" to maintain good air flow. i found that a 35.00 trans cooler from napa, pep boys, etc works good, it's a little bit of work but well worth it.

Thanks for the mounting info... Makes a lot of seance to put it there.

Thanks again

Old 02-05-2009, 12:40 PM   #7
Subarumouse
Gone Wild

Hello Pizzamaker & Co,

1 Lack of oil:
-Less oil because the engine is tilted in combination with higher revs causing much oil in the enginehead and less in the cranckcase. (Pizzamaker see my enginepics and your Schrick pictures......)
Driving in circles too long so the oil is getting to long one side of the engine.
The same on long and steap hills?

2 Bolts on the rods to tight, so there is not enough oilfilm between rod and cranck.

When you ask much from your engine, take full synthetic oil.
Its better on high revs / temperature and doesn't brake the oilfilm as quick as basic oil.
Build in bearings, there is no racekartengine without it!

The las possibillity is metaldemolition because of stress.
When our engine is open, we let the rods ?rontgen? by a friend who works on a airbase, also the new ones......

Benno
Subarumouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 12:56 PM   #8
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

good to see you around Subarumouse!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO