lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
gmtec2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Spring upgrade kit question?

Does the upgrade clutch spring for the 295 help at all? I would love to upgrade to the big block, but I don't have the money for that. I just want a little more than stock.
gmtec2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-06-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

Default Re: Spring upgrade kit question?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtec2 View Post
Does the upgrade clutch spring for the 295 help at all? I would love to upgrade to the big block, but I don't have the money for that. I just want a little more than stock.
I'm sure it would help some if your clutch is good
You should read this thread
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/ezgo-...en-clutch.html
I've never had to use the spring upgrade deal, seems pointless to me.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:09 PM   #3
gmtec2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for the info, but I have a 94 workhorse gxi 804. Is that the shorter Yamaha belt, or the first belt you were talking about?
Old 02-06-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
gmtec2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I just went back to the thread you sent me to, I'm scared to even ask. I will anyway, if I wanted to get a little more from the cart, would it be better to convert to a 28 degree or try a shorter belt. I was also wondering, how do you know if your clutch is good shape or not?
Old 02-06-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
ruredy
Born Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtec2 View Post
I'm scared to even ask.

I've never run the shorter Yamaha belt so I don't know about that one. The 28deg clutch couldn't hurt, that's how ezgo does it. try to open the driven clutch by pulling the sheaves in opposite directions, if you can do that the springs is weak. check the sheaves for groves and not smooth areas. Take it apart and make sure the ramps and buttons are not chewed up and it has a good fit when together.
It's kinda hard for me to explain exactly how they should be so if I've left something out it's not intentional.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
gmtec2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I really appreciate the help. I just checked the belt number on the cart. 27077-g02. I don't know anything about these clutch setups, so I appreciate the help. Was the original belt you had on your cart the one I have on mine? I'm just wondering if I should go with the Polaris belt you have.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:46 PM   #7
gmtec2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

What the heck are buttons and ramps?
Old 02-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #8
shopteacher
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am not an expert on carts by any means but I did put the shorter Yamaha belt on my stock 93 ezgo yesterday. It made a big difference in the git up and go department. I was torn between the shorter belt and the 28 degree clutch change but I thought for 34.99 delivered, I could take the shot. I am glad I did. This was based on Ruredy's forum advice. I might still do the 28 degree clutch at some point, but even with lower compression(125psi), it helped alot.
shopteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:04 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

My experience is limited...actually based on 2 ezgo carts ..... we used the 2 stroke belt on the 4 stroke cart for a big improvement.... But when I had the driven clutch changed out to 28 degrees it could no longer tolerate the shorter belt and I had to go back to the original belt.... In both carts the 2 stroke belt on the 4 stroke motor made a remarkable improvement in off the line torque....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 07:42 PM   #10
gmtec2
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopteacher View Post
I am not an expert on carts by any means but I did put the shorter Yamaha belt on my stock 93 ezgo yesterday. It made a big difference in the git up and go department. I was torn between the shorter belt and the 28 degree clutch change but I thought for 34.99 delivered, I could take the shot. I am glad I did. This was based on Ruredy's forum advice. I might still do the 28 degree clutch at some point, but even with lower compression(125psi), it helped alot.
What was the number on the belt? I'm gonna pick one up. Was your original belt 27077-G02?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO