lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2017, 06:57 AM   #1
pedrocr
Not Yet Wild

Default Where to buy Dana axle parts, ideally in Europe

Hi,

I have a Toro Worman e2050 that uses the common Dana axle. I need to do maintenance, replacing the oil seals at least but was planning on replacing the bearings and retainers as well anyway. The local Toro distributor wants 200€ for the parts, and 2 years ago wanted 150€. So they are raising prices which seem already too high to start with. The Toro part numbers are the following

2x 108-2421
2x 108-2422
2x 108-2423
4x 108-2424
2x 108-2425

But I'm sure these are standard parts that can be obtained from other places. Does anyone know of a good source, ideally in Europe to avoid customs handling, for these kinds of parts?

Cheers,

Pedro
pedrocr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2017, 10:34 AM   #2
pedrocr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Where to buy Dana axle parts, ideally in Europe

Bumping this in the hopes someone has any tips. I've tried going totthe Dana/Spicer reps but they said it was an old part they no longer support. I'm considering just disassembling one wheel just to measure everything and find the parts but was wondering if someone had a better source of information?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:45 PM   #3
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Taking the bearings and seals to an auto parts or industrial bearing supplier will be you best bet for an economical resolution. The good news is that the bearings and seals should be metric!

As far as the retainers. If they are what we call snap rings, a circular clip shaped like a "c" with holes at the ends. Those will be some standard size that the bearing supplier will also likely have. Take those along also.
ORTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 PM   #4
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey Pedro,

I found a parts diagram to look at for your axle. These two part numbers that you have here should be ok to use over unless they are very damaged. Usually they are fine unless you have had a complete bearing failure.

2x 108-2422
2x 108-2423

As far as the other retaining rings, seals and bearings go. A good industrial supply house should be able to fix you up in no time. Those sizes of parts are very common.

Do you have the special pliers to remove the snap rings?
Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out.
Old 08-10-2017, 03:10 AM   #5
pedrocr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORTitan View Post
Hey Pedro,

I found a parts diagram to look at for your axle. These two part numbers that you have here should be ok to use over unless they are very damaged. Usually they are fine unless you have had a complete bearing failure.

2x 108-2422
2x 108-2423

As far as the other retaining rings, seals and bearings go. A good industrial supply house should be able to fix you up in no time. Those sizes of parts are very common.

Do you have the special pliers to remove the snap rings?
Good Luck! Let us know how it turns out.
I had some noise from the axle before I changed the oil so I was planning on replacing everything just for safety as long as the parts are cheap enough. I've bought the pliers for replacing the rings already and I guess I'll have to go that way and just remove them from one side to go and get replacements. I was trying to avoid that just so I could do the job in one go. Oh well, probably have to bite the bullet and go for it. Thanks.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:07 AM   #6
Dennisneri
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Good luck sir
Dennisneri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 01:08 PM   #7
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, so try this at your bearing supply.

The bearing is an industry standard # 6004 is has seals both sides and is greased from the factory.

It measures 20x42x12

The new seal that I have here is an American made CR9934. That number looks like it works for the SKF brand also. The specs say it is 1x1.624x0.25 those are inch size. Metric size would be 25.4x41.45x6.
Old 08-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #8
pedrocr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Ok, so try this at your bearing supply.

The bearing is an industry standard # 6004 is has seals both sides and is greased from the factory.

It measures 20x42x12

The new seal that I have here is an American made CR9934. That number looks like it works for the SKF brand also. The specs say it is 1x1.624x0.25 those are inch size. Metric size would be 25.4x41.45x6.
That's awesome, thanks! I assume the exploded view you found was this one:

These part numbers you've given replace #33 and #29 I believe. #32 should be the clips which should be reusable or a standard size otherwise. Do you happen to know what #30 and #31 are? Here's the parts list for the car:

http://scratch.corujas.net/07280TC-PARTS.pdf

Page 14 has all the Toro parts numbers and lists them as:

29 108-2421 2 Seal-Oil
30 108-2422 2 Ring-Retaining
31 108-2423 2 Ring-Retaining, Wheel Bearing
32 108-2424 4 Ring-Retaining
33 108-2425 2 Bearing-Ball

Those names are not really helpful...
Old 08-10-2017, 09:22 PM   #9
ORTitan
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I am pretty sure that is the same diagram I was looking at.

Yes #33 and #29 are what I am talking about. Caveat, I am basing my numbers off of EZ GO TXT electric vehicles as those are what I work on and the axle looks to be the same model. Although the Toro is 5 lug and the EZ Go is 4 lug.

OK, I just noticed something that is a large difference. Your Toro axle uses a slip on brake drum over a hub flange on the axle shaft. The EZGO axle uses a splined hub that is retained to the axle shaft with a torqued nut.

Your part #30 & #31 are a retaining ring (one of them might actually just be a spacer) that is a press fit to your axle shaft. This keeps the whole shaft from walking out of the axle housing. They lock the bearing to the axle shaft. Get what I am saying? I'm not sure how to explain better. You will understand when you have it out in your hands.

Part #8 is going to be close to part #27. You will have to reach in there with your snap ring pliers (a 90* bent nose set might be your friend) and remove #32 from its groove in the axle tube. You should then be able to pull #8, the shaft, out with the bearings and spacers still on it. Your second #32 snap ring and the seal will still be in the axle tube. You can get these out now. You SHOULD NOT need to remove part #27 at anytime.

You will have an easier time removing the bearing and locking rings from the axle shaft if you have access to a tool like this
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...EaAjoJEALw_wcB

If you are careful #30 and #31 could be used again. When you go to reinstall them make sure they feel as "tight" as they were before on the shaft. If they were stretched from the removal you will want replacements.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-11-2017, 08:25 AM   #10
pedrocr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Hope this helps.
This helps immensely. Thanks very much again, it's been awesome.

Quote:
If you are careful #30 and #31 could be used again. When you go to reinstall them make sure they feel as "tight" as they were before on the shaft. If they were stretched from the removal you will want replacements.
Do you have any idea of what the specs for these could be? If they're not too expensive I'll just buy them ahead of time in case I need them. I'm going to have a local mechanic help me with the service so the more difficult steps shouldn't be a problem but I don't want to end up with the service half done for lack of parts.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts