lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
mhuckaby51
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2003 TXT spark problem

I recently acquired 2003 eh29c cart that had problems when I got it. I charged the battery and tried starting the cart. Fuel began to pour out of the carb but never seemed to fire. I pulled a plug and grounded to head and turned engine over. The only time it fires is just as the engine turns over like the first revolution and then no spark. When the engine gains speed, no spark. After working with it for a while I sprayed a shot of starter fluid in the carb and it actually began to run and ran long enough for me to get on it an try to drive it off. It ran for a few minutes and died and back to the original problem. I am new to working on these things and am anxious to get to know them better. Thanks for any information in advance.
mhuckaby51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2003 TXT spark problem

I would guess that either your ignitor or coil is bad. What throws me is the fact that it ran with starting fluid? Now I have no idea...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #3
mhuckaby51
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Yea, that kind of throws me also. But after that one incident of running it is back to the original problem. Only sparking one time when the engine initially turns over and then none at all. When engine stops and retry to start it does the same thing. It doesn't matter how many times you try it is always one spark initially then none.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
mhuckaby51
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Well, just an update. After checking all the wiring and cleaning connections with no results and replacing the coil with not results. I finallly got around to changing the ignitor. Hook it up, turn on swith, press pedal and fired right up. Thanks for pointing in the right direction. Still have a problem but at least it fires up and runs (well somewhat) every time you press the pedal. At least I feel like I am headed in the right direction.
The problem I am having now is that if fires right up but when you try to drive off it bogs down and will barely pull it self. It is almost as if it is trying to flood or something. When I have it in the shop jacked up and give it gas it kind of bogs a little but finally takes off and runs full out. It also sounds as if it is trying to puff back through the carb. Any ideas on where to go from here?
Old 04-11-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

does it run better if you pull the choke when it starts to stumble
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:58 PM   #6
mhuckaby51
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

No, it seems to want to die completly when pulling the choke out. It is kind of stange. If you are driving it, the cart will pull of like it is going to be fine but just bogs down, it will continue to run but will not gain any speed. Sounds like the egnine is just not reving on up. I did notice if you get out of a need for torgue, ie going down hill it will begin to rev on up but as soon as it need to pull hard again it bogs right back down. I haven;t adjusted the valves and this may need to be my next move. Just got it running today. Oh by the way, I think the Pizza man is the one I got the ignitor from. It works great and thanks.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM   #7
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

thats cool! i'm glad it worked out for you well if it gets worse with choke then i would lean towards the float sticking or crap in the carb, maybe water in the fuel!
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO