lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-24-2018, 07:06 AM   #1
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Yanaha Charger not working

Neighbor has a Yamaha 48 Volt Charger not working.
Charger Model JW9-82107-01
Cart==Yamaha YDREX4, Manufacture date Oct 2013
Batteries March 2017

Charged batts with 12 volt chargers to 43 volts. Plugged in charger and nothing. Borrowed a like charger from another neighbor and the cart is charging.

Can someone help me with with diagnostics, wiring diagram.

Thanks, Ard
ardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-24-2018, 07:21 AM   #2
LukeL
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Yanaha Charger not working

I’m afraid those aren’t easily fixed. I have the same one with one of my carts. Make sure the power cord is plugged into the back of the unit and there’s no damaged cables.

Club Car DS driver’s club #59
LukeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Yanaha Charger not working

Only serviceable parts (without an electronics degree) are the AC and DC cords. There are no schematics offered, no repair parts offered.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Mine had issues and it was the dc plug that went into the receptacle. Wire was broken in the plug. Replaced that and all was well. If you have any electrical skills test the wires in that plug. If that isn’t it my old one will be up for sale soon. Came from a 2012 Drive with the square 3 prong plug. I replaced mine with a dpi that I swiped back from someone who had borrowed it.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
joelpfeifer
Not Yet Wild

I have the same model and same issue. I fixed mine by taking it apart removed 6 screws from top board and 4 from board underneath. Had to use flathead to pry and peel bottom board away from base. Once removed I found a cold solder joint under a relay. Used a solder gun and some fresh solder to reconnect the lead. The 20 amp fuse was also blown so I replaced it. Put back together and it worked.
hope this helped.
joelpfeifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:03 PM   #6
ardb
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Sorry!!
I left this post hanging. After first 3 replies I told owner that a new charger was in order, which is what she did. I left a couple of days for a 6 weeks trip up north and promptly forgot about it until the response yesterday.
ardb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha