lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #1
shortstroke327
Not Yet Wild

Default fairplay? or star?

I picked up a cart this weekend, not sure on what it actually is. has no batteries and came with a box if wires. has a strange tag that says Player Electric Car. made in china. looks like a star/fairplay a bit. its an 05 model and is was told it was a 48 volt. cart. was hoping to figure out what its a clone of so i can find some kind of schematic to wire this thing back up.

Has Curtis Pmc dc motor controller in the box, sure power 12 volt inverter, GE brand 72v 5hp dc motor on the rear axle.

would like to get it back to battery if posible. any help identifying this rig so i can get it back moving would be much appreciated.
thanks,
mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181008_181133_resized.jpg (221.9 KB, 0 views)
shortstroke327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: fairplay? or star?

The Chinese "knock-offs" are loosely based on an EZGO TXT platform. There are importers who put all manner of nameplates on them, so finding specific information on your "brand" could prove difficult. On the plus side, major components like the motor & controller tend to be the same (often EZGO TXT stuff), but throttle tends to be 0 - 5k ohm potentiometer instead of the EZGO inductive system. For most controllers that is just a programing change.
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:05 PM   #3
shortstroke327
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: fairplay? or star?

It looks very similar to the ez go with a touch different nose cone. Think I'm going to try to wrire it like one of those units and try my luck
shortstroke327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts