lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2019, 12:08 AM   #11
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Help with YDRE.

Looks nothing like a Yamaha axle, don't expect it to be a direct "bolt in".
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2019, 06:53 PM   #12
chinasilva
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Looks nothing like a Yamaha axle, don't expect it to be a direct "bolt in".
Thanks for the info. Like I said, trying to get this thing running by the spring, but I’m a newbie. I really appreciate all the help from you guys. I apologize for all this noob questions. I’m not sure if is worth buying parts for this project or just buy a used running cart.
chinasilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 09:07 AM   #13
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

That looks like a somewhat difficult DIY project. Unless you have the tools, the know how and enjoy extensive tinkering, l would scrap that sucker and get a cart that’s ready to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:37 PM   #14
chinasilva
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_B_Man View Post
That looks like a somewhat difficult DIY project. Unless you have the tools, the know how and enjoy extensive tinkering, l would scrap that sucker and get a cart that’s ready to go.

I got plenty of tools, I know welding, and I enjoy projects that make me learn new skills, I just don’t have the knowledge on golf carts.
Right know I’m about to buy a good used G22 rear end and I’m sure that I can make it fit, then I’m going to figure the best combo motor /controller that I’m gonna use. Let’s see what happens.
Thanks.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #15
Tha_B_Man
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Sounds like you have it under control. Good luck, enjoy and keep us posted on your progress.

Tha_B_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:45 AM   #16
Dr T
Not Yet Wild

question re right side positive terminal, aside from red wire running into the charge what else does it connect to? I had a battery cable break when I was changing batteries and I can't figure out from wiring diagrams. Thanks
Dr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 12:58 AM   #17
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr T View Post
question re right side positive terminal, aside from red wire running into the charge what else does it connect to? I had a battery cable break when I was changing batteries and I can't figure out from wiring diagrams. Thanks
From Yamaha, nothing. Added by other people, who knows.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:27 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Depending upon the planned use you may want an Alltrax controller & a high torque motor. The G22 shock interferes with the installation of most long stack torque motors. The fix is to move the bottom mount over as shown. Then you can run a long stack high torque motor like the FSIP shown.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg G22 shock torque motor.jpg (228.6 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 10:55 PM   #19
chinasilva
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Depending upon the planned use you may want an Alltrax controller & a high torque motor. The G22 shock interferes with the installation of most long stack torque motors. The fix is to move the bottom mount over as shown. Then you can run a long stack high torque motor like the FSIP shown.
Thanks for the info. That could be my lead. I’ll let you guys know when I start the build.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha