lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-16-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What Im starting with

I am excepting $.02 from any one that will offer it. That might even be the way I go. I think that I am going to see how it goes here at the beginning and see how it goes with the chassis and make my decision then.
djhartley2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-16-2009, 09:45 PM   #12
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What Im starting with

Quote:
Originally Posted by djhartley2003 View Post
I am excepting $.02 from any one that will offer it. That might even be the way I go. I think that I am going to see how it goes here at the beginning and see how it goes with the chassis and make my decision then.
You've got the base cart... The sky's the limit... Build it to your liking and keep us posted on the build...
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:21 PM   #13
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtysouth View Post
You've got the base cart... The sky's the limit... Build it to your liking and keep us posted on the build...
This is why I was asking the question about the controller and other parts. I figure that if I have the chaise and the body and I can do the mods to those that if I can figure out what i need to make it work right then i can basically build it how ever i want. Like I said earlier my wife works at a golf course and the guy that works on there carts said he would get me most of the parts from his Ezgo hook up. It wont cost me much to try. I'm going to give it a shot and I might be in over my head but I think its going to be fun. It might look like a piece of junk when i get done but well just have to wait and see. I will defiantly keep the pictures coming as I get stuff done and I'm sure I will have many many questions as I go forward. Thanks for all the input so far and if anyone has any suggestions let me know.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 PM   #14
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: What Im starting with

Quote:
This is why I was asking the question about the controller and other parts. I figure that if I have the chaise and the body and I can do the mods to those that if I can figure out what i need to make it work right then i can basically build it how ever i want. Like I said earlier my wife works at a golf course and the guy that works on there carts said he would get me most of the parts from his Ezgo hook up. It wont cost me much to try. I'm going to give it a shot and I might be in over my head but I think its going to be fun. It might look like a piece of junk when i get done but well just have to wait and see. I will defiantly keep the pictures coming as I get stuff done and I'm sure I will have many many questions as I go forward. Thanks for all the input so far and if anyone has any suggestions let me know.
:thum bup:
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:40 AM   #15
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would have to say there is a lot of guys with two cents on this site. I also see "thats my $0.02" I just cant believe how many pennies these guys keep giving out.
10507581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:32 AM   #16
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
It wont cost me much to try.
That's what they all say, LOL!

But seriously, you should decide up front what you expect this cart to be so that you don't buy/install components that will just need upgrading/removal/ modification after you get her running.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:50 AM   #17
EZ-GOnewild
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Do you really want to keep it a sparky? If you change out the rearend you may want to get one for a gas engine. Then you could put a big block in it!
EZ-GOnewild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gornoman View Post
That's what they all say, LOL!

But seriously, you should decide up front what you expect this cart to be so that you don't buy/install components that will just need upgrading/removal/ modification after you get her running.
I keep telling my wife that it wont cost me much to try and every time I say it she laughs out load and says yeah just like the boat.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #19
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

BOAT = Bank Out Another Thousand
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 10:23 AM   #20
djhartley2003
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZ-GOnewild View Post
Do you really want to keep it a sparky? If you change out the rearend you may want to get one for a gas engine. Then you could put a big block in it!
I have been asking my self this same question. I want to start working on the chassis and get the front end and the steering worked out and see how I am felling about it at that point. Then I am going to make a decision on what will go in it. The cart is striped and it wont matter what way I go it will take all new parts. I dont know what the advantages are of going either way. But if the golf course that my wife works at comes threw it might be a lot cheaper to go electric for my first cart build.

My other option is if I could find someone in Souther California that has a cart they would be will to donate for cheap and strip the parts off this one and put it on something that is running and wont take as much work. If I had something that was already running I could learn from it instead of trying to figure out what I need. Either way I am going to get started on the chassis soon. That part I can do without my brain hurting to bad.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO