lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-28-2019, 08:27 PM   #21
Sdlink
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGo 48v stops after 20 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
I would be inclined to say your motor brake is probably toast. When purchasing a new one, be absolutely certain to get an OEM genuine EZGO part. Do not buy heavy duty. Just the regular brake. Also, when installing be sure not to tighten the bolts too much. The torque is inch pounds. Cleaning the mounting surfaces very well with a wire brush is also very important. There are some step by step tutorials on here if you search. Each step is vitally important or you will be doing it again real soon. I’ve destroyed a brand new brake by tightening a bit too much.
I wanted to say thanks for all your help. The brake was the problem. I replaced it tonight and everything seems to be working great. The burning smell was definitely the brake. I could smell it as soon as I pulled it off. .
Sdlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-28-2019, 09:17 PM   #22
BoDidly
Not Yet Wild

I've been following this thread, nice to see the OP come back with positive results
BoDidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2019, 07:44 PM   #23
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sdlink View Post
I wanted to say thanks for all your help. The brake was the problem. I replaced it tonight and everything seems to be working great. The burning smell was definitely the brake. I could smell it as soon as I pulled it off. .
Good deal. Glad you got it working. As luck would have it, mine went bad on me on our Texas camping trip yesterday. I had an extra (always keep one in the camper) and was back riding about an hour or so afterwards.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO