lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-06-2019, 12:03 PM   #1
Wormgrunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo 1998 Txt 36 volt

Hi, new member here! Just got a very used Golf cart. never had one before. Battery pack is showing 36.5 volts on my tester. (6 Batteries) I don't have any movement at motor. Just learning about the carts wiring. (I bypassed the Reed switch already) Going to make a brief jump of the solenoid, if it moves I know what to do then. If not I'm going to keep tracing wires. Hope it's not a failed controller. Hate to assume it's the controller, buy one, and still sit! Well, here I go! Not sure about how the foot pedal box works either.
Wormgrunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-06-2019, 12:32 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Ezgo 1998 Txt 36 volt

Welcome!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Congrats on the new ride and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives’, husbands, girlfriend’s and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #4
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Welcome !
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:30 PM   #5
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

welcome to the addiction
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2019, 07:54 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Welcome, don't make the most common mistake which is to bypass the solenoid and assume if the cart runs the solenoid is bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 01:38 PM   #7
Wormgrunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you everyone!
Old 09-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #8
Wormgrunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just removed solenoid (think it might be the original- looks really bad.) did a bench check with 12volts to activate it.... nothing!! Did a continuity check from post to post as well, nothing, no continuity at all, whether charged or not. Ordered new solenoid! We will see what happens. Not sure what diode to buy, can't read the old one.(Now, not sure what direction or side to mount the diode back on?) Do I even need it to just get an initial movement from this cart? Battery pack still at 36volts!! Key switch continuity is fine and Reed switch is bypassed. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated ��
Old 09-16-2019, 04:43 PM   #9
Wormgrunter
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just removed solenoid (think it might be the original- looks really bad.) did a bench check with 12 volts to activate it.... nothing!! Did a continuity check from post to post as well, nothing, no continuity at all, whether charged or not. Ordered new solenoid! We will see what happens. Not sure what diode to buy or do I need a pre charged resister?, can't read the old one that ran from big post to big post(Now, not sure what direction or side to mount the diode back on?) Do I even need it to just get an initial movement from this cart? Battery pack still at 36 volts!! Key switch continuity is fine and Reed switch is bypassed. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated ��
Old 09-20-2019, 11:19 AM   #10
coachCartman
Not Yet Wild

That pack voltage is low, not dead but pretty low for sure. Is that after a full charge? A fully charged 36V pack should be at least 38V.

I just redid a 98 and i messed around with everything trying to avoid buying batteries and it turned out to just need batteries. Try to rule that out as an issue first by doing a voltage test under load or test the pack voltage 24 hours after a full charge and no use.
coachCartman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
foot pedal box, micro switch, solenoid
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO