lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-21-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 1990 Bad boy buggy dead

Trying to revive a BBB. Type BB-AMS4 48V 4X4. They said it was running a year ago. Charged batteries and been checking what i can for power issues. cleaned all terminals re-spliced some wires it had alot of corrosion. The only noise it will make is a clicking sound when the headlight switch is turned on. Checked the key switch from neg on battery to the two wires on the switch and i get -40v on both wires with key on or off. Took solenoid off and tested it and it worked. I am confused on the neg voltage at key switch. it only has 1 controller by Navitas and a silver box on top. First time posting hope yall can help.
Steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 1990 Bad boy buggy dead

Anyone at least have a wiring diagram for that year model or a test procedure. I have found a couple from different years but they dont match what i have close enough though they give me an idea of how things work. This is my first time messing with a BBB and its a mess compared to my ezgo. Thanks for any help.
Old 01-30-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Anyone know who bought them or a contact number i can call to try to find more info on this cart. really in a bind with this cart. the other owners did a lot of messing around with it so im not sure if some of this wiring is factory. Eating my lunch trying to trace these wires. Thanks for any help
Old 01-30-2020, 04:56 PM   #4
49ford
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

run through the archives. I've seen posts about BBB ams4 while looking for ones about my 08 classic. Look in Ezgo and Electric golf cart forums
49ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #5
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks so much. i will start looking.
Old 02-01-2020, 05:28 PM   #6
ONEDAY
Gone Wild

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...-lifetime.html
ONEDAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 12:28 PM   #7
Steveo
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ok the owner told me a last year they shorted the # 8 battery out to frame while putting it back on. it melted the terminal off and half the battery post. What all do yall think it fried by doing this?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts