lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
vancleavedad
Not Yet Wild

Default High torque upgrade help

2014 club car precedent i2L excel

Installed an Admiral motor 14hp 48 volts mot A4 with a MZJ-400 amp solenoid and an XCT 48500-IQ all trax controller

Has an 8 inch lift and 26 inch tires

When we give it gas it jumps real hard almost giving you whiplash. Pulls front tires off ground. Does this until you can get it to roll properly. Once it starts to roll properly runs about 15mph at 1/4 pedal. At this point the RMPs are at 2800. No further increase in speed after 1/4 pedal or RMPs but the monitor is showing 100% throttle at full throttle

Changed the MCOR4, two speed sensors and two speed magnets. Still does the same thing. Been trying to figure this out since January
vancleavedad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-14-2020, 06:38 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: High torque upgrade help

Note- The throttle will show 100% even if there is no speed left in the motor. That is a high torque motor and not a speed motor.

The throttle would should 100% if you are too the floor with the pedal. The important part is where is the RPM limit set at in the tool kit. 2 things could be amiss and you should check. 1- The RPM is set too low, or 2- The Speed Magnet setting is incorrectly set at 4 pole and your motor has 8 poles. Check those two things out and see. If they are all correct, you have all you can get from that motor and you just need to go back in and soften your throttle curve so you have a smoother transition.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 07:06 AM   #3
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

In addition to Nole's recommendations, check to make sure the right field map's installed also.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #4
vancleavedad
Not Yet Wild

How would you know if it s right or wrong field map
Old 03-14-2020, 10:07 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

When you connect the laptop using the free alltrax software, the opening page has the field map listed in bold type at the bottom of the page.
Also look to see on the monitor page that the reverse switch is not active in forward. Collect a monitor file while driving 0-60 a couple of times and send to me.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #6
vancleavedad
Not Yet Wild

Not trying to get speed I’m trying to fix the not taking off part the buggy just jumps no matter how light you push the petal it also pulls the tires of the ground when it jerks axle probably want hold up much longer with that
Old 03-14-2020, 04:28 PM   #7
vancleavedad
Not Yet Wild

Sent the monitor readings to you scottyb
Old 03-14-2020, 05:30 PM   #8
MulletBEATdown
Not Yet Wild

VanCleavedad. Off topic.. related to any VanCleaves in Oklahoma? I rarely see another VanCleave
MulletBEATdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 05:50 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vancleavedad View Post
Not trying to get speed I’m trying to fix the not taking off part the buggy just jumps no matter how light you push the petal it also pulls the tires of the ground when it jerks axle probably want hold up much longer with that
OKay I see... there are a couple of ways to fix this issue. First switch the cart from street to turf mode... on Page 1.
Save or SET changes
Disconnect and then reconnect to make darn sure the changes took.
Then test drive and report back.
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:45 AM   #10
vancleavedad
Not Yet Wild

Scottyb I change it to turf no change I’m going to have to put wheely bars on it it almost came over that time I’m just barely touching the pedal
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car