lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 07:30 PM   #11
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2003 Club Car DS 36V Solenoid and FNR Switch Question

In Florida you will be fine with the lift kit, I drove that for about 18 months before I did the conversion. I did a vglide bypass when I did the lift to reduce any chances of over heating the vglide, you can search it on here and its simple to do if your interested. Your FnR will likely be fine but you will want an upgraded solenoid and 4ga cables but I would do 2ga with that motor especially if you are going to run it at 36v for a while. As far as the conversion goes you can get a resistor set and upgrade your vglide to work as a potentiometer and would save you a couple bucks to get that knocked out.
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2020, 10:37 AM   #12
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake_Daddy View Post
In Florida you will be fine with the lift kit, I drove that for about 18 months before I did the conversion. I did a vglide bypass when I did the lift to reduce any chances of over heating the vglide, you can search it on here and its simple to do if your interested. Your FnR will likely be fine but you will want an upgraded solenoid and 4ga cables but I would do 2ga with that motor especially if you are going to run it at 36v for a while. As far as the conversion goes you can get a resistor set and upgrade your vglide to work as a potentiometer and would save you a couple bucks to get that knocked out.
Thanks for the info. I decided to bite the bullet and order the C54 kit from Scottyb. I added the HD F&R and 2ga cables as well. It seems the most simple solution to get to where I want to be with the cart. Also, when the batteries need replacing I will be able to go to 48v.
AB0337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 01:48 PM   #13
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

I dont know how much you drove the stock cart but you will enjoy what you will have, its basically the identical set up I am running minus the throttle assembly that comes in the kit. At 36v's it will still have plenty of get up and go compared to stock then when you bump it to 48v's your gonna want to make sure you have seat belts all around haha!
Old 05-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #14
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB0337 View Post
order the C54 kit from Scottyb
Send me a PM when you get your C54 kit. I have a "C54 Kit For Dummies" document.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:28 PM   #15
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
Send me a PM when you get your C54 kit. I have a "C54 Kit For Dummies" document.
Ordered it this morning! Ill take any help I can get since I have ZERO experience with this stuff.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:30 PM   #16
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I dont know how much you drove the stock cart but you will enjoy what you will have, its basically the identical set up I am running minus the throttle assembly that comes in the kit. At 36v's it will still have plenty of get up and go compared to stock then when you bump it to 48v's your gonna want to make sure you have seat belts all around haha!
We have been using the cart everyday since we got it. Its only been 10 days though...I am excited to get this thing updated! I am very curious how the C54 set up and the D&D motor get this thing moving!
Old 05-21-2020, 07:55 AM   #17
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

With the lift kit and tires installed you will probably be in the 19-21mph range with that motor running at 36v and it will take off a heck of a lot faster than stock.
Old 05-21-2020, 09:02 AM   #18
AB0337
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
With the lift kit and tires installed you will probably be in the 19-21mph range with that motor running at 36v and it will take off a heck of a lot faster than stock.
I am hoping for faster than that! The motor is rated for 24pmh with a stock controller at 36v. Model of motor is 170-012-0002. Of course, I don't have a stock controller (resistor coil and v glide) so I need to install the C54 kit before the motor. I suppose only time will tell the real performance of this setup. Ill report back once I get it all hooked up.
The lift and tires should arrive before the long weekend so I plan to get those put on to compare to stock. Then when the kit comes from Scottyb I will be able to get all the performance stuff started.
By the way, the cart currently does 12-13mph top speed on flat ground.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:24 PM   #19
jj24
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB0337 View Post
Thanks for the info. I decided to bite the bullet and order the C54 kit from Scottyb. I added the HD F&R and 2ga cables as well. It seems the most simple solution to get to where I want to be with the cart. Also, when the batteries need replacing I will be able to go to 48v.
I have been on the fence about getting the same kit (C54) as you. I have a sister cart to yours built the same week and have been contemplating the direction of the upgrade. Are you happy with the kit so far?
jj24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car