lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
Droneon1
Not Yet Wild

Default Bombardier NEV car identification

Hello, I purchased a Bombardier NEV and having trouble making a positive ID as to what kind it is as they have made several versions. There are no manuals, or information with this car. It does run, but needs new batteries as they do not hold a charge very long and range is almost nonexistent.
So any help would be appreciated.
1. What kind of car/cart is this?
2. How can I determine if the charger is working correctly before I replace with new batteries?
3. What kind of batteries do I need to purchase? Specifically how many amp hour lead acid are required?
4. I want to replace the stock wheels and tires with something larger, but cannot find any information on which wheels/tires will work with this car/cart. Looking at a 12 inch wheel, with a more aggressive tire. I do not want mudders to tear up my lawn, but something I can use on the trail when it is wet? Again any suggestions will be awesome. I have been looking and everything says fits ergo/ or yahama, not much informatoin for this machine.
5. Is there a lift kit option that would fit this cart/car?
6. Adding a USB port and digital battery readout, suggestions?
7. Lights switch is giving me trouble, I can pull the lever in and the lights will flash, but will not come on when I rotate it, any suggestions on how to fix this?
8. If anyone knows who is the SME (subject matter expert) and has their contact information I would really appreciate an introduction. I think this cart is amazing and just want to keep it in good working order and not destroy it.
Thanks for reading this post and I look forward to hopefully getting answers to all these questions. I attached some pic to help in the identification.
Droneon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-24-2020, 02:58 PM   #2
glindo
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bombardier NEV car identification

1. What kind of car/cart is this?
1997 Bombardier NEV, classified by NHTSA as a LSV (Low-Speed Vehicle)
Serial Number: S97000300 (pic wasn't clear), only has a serial and not a VIN prior to 1998; NHTSA (National Highway Traffic Safety Administration) had a final rule establishing a new class of 4-wheeled vehicles, called LSVs: https://one.nhtsa.gov/cars/rules/rul...lsv.html#lsv19

GVWR 807 KG (1776 LB)
GAWR FRONT 282 KG (621 LB)
GAWR REAR 525 KG (1154 LB)

Bombardier Recreational Products NA(BRP)
75 J a Bombardier
Sherbrook QC J1L 1W3
Region North America
Country Canada

2. How can I determine if the charger is working correctly before I replace with new batteries?
There is a 72 volt charger with a 72 volt to 12 volt converter for mthe Auxiliary battery used for the instrument cluster, Curtis controller, lights, radio, etc.
To test 72 volt side of the charger, located behind the rear left wheel there is a negative post where the black battery cable connected to, then on the main contactor entry there is a yellow battery cable.
To test 12 volt side of the charger there is a service connector in the trunk on the left side behind a round cover. The two conductor wire connector should be black/pink(-) and red/orange(+)
*Note: The 72 volt charger requires a minimum of 50 volts in the battery pack in order to operation. At least 7 volts are necessary at the aux battery post for the 72/12-volt converter to operate.

3. What kind of batteries do I need to purchase? Specifically how many amp hour lead acid are required?

Deep Cycle Sealed
Group size: 27
Amp Hours: at least 99 and higher, average is 100 Ah

Dimensions:
Length: 12.05” (306mm), because of battery tray
Width: 6.61” (168mm)
Height: 9.06” (230mm)
*US Battery AGM27 dimensions

Gel Lead-Acid Batteries
This is a sealed unit that utilizes a thickening agent to keep the electrolytes still. GLA batteries can take more punishment when used off the beaten track and can handle rough terrain. They will operate smoothly even when a crack appears in the outer protection.

AGM Lead-Acid Batteries
As an improvement on the GLA batteries, the AGM LA batteries are built with a fiberglass separator to keep the electrolyte in place. They are capable of resisting vibrations, spill-proof and can withstand rougher use and have proven to be more durable.

4. I want to replace the stock wheels and tires with something larger, but cannot find any information on which wheels/tires will work with this car/cart. Looking at a 12 inch wheel, with a more aggressive tire. I do not want mudders to tear up my lawn, but something I can use on the trail when it is wet? Again any suggestions will be awesome. I have been looking and everything says fits ergo/ or yahama, not much informatoin for this machine.
The largest rims I've seen for this particular cart is 14" with 205 40r14 tires

5. Is there a lift kit option that would fit this cart/car?
I don't know.

6. Adding a USB port and digital battery readout, suggestions?
Quick Charge 3.0 Car Charger, CHGeek 12V/24V 36W Aluminum Waterproof Dual QC3.0 USB Fast Charger Socket Power Outlet with LED Digital Voltmeter for Marine, Boat, Motorcycle, Truck, Golf Cart

https://www.amazon.com/Charger-CHGee...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

7. Lights switch is giving me trouble, I can pull the lever in and the lights will flash, but will not come on when I rotate it, any suggestions on how to fix this?

Might be the Multifunction switch. This company may have it in stock

Peacock Limited, Inc.
Address: 276 M-37
Baldwin, MI 49304
Phone: (231) 745-4606
https://www.peacockltd.com/
glindo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bombardier manuals, replacement batteries
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts