lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-10-2020, 03:19 PM   #1
djrocknron
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 48 volt precedent weak batteries

I am taking my golf cart camping this weekend and my batteries are getting weak.I was wondering if I can replace my 6-8 volt batteries with 4 -12 volt heavy duty truck batteries. I am concerned about the computer part and charging it,I don't want to ruin anything,Thanks
djrocknron is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2020, 04:56 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: 48 volt precedent weak batteries

You will not ruin anything, but the batteries may not last as they are not a deep cycle design to maintain high AH load over a given time. They are more for CA or CCA's...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 07:09 AM   #3
1sharphook

Default Re: 48 volt precedent weak batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by djrocknron View Post
I am taking my golf cart camping this weekend and my batteries are getting weak.I was wondering if I can replace my 6-8 volt batteries with 4 -12 volt heavy duty truck batteries. I am concerned about the computer part and charging it,I don't want to ruin anything,Thanks
If you are considering Lead-calcium (commercial) SLI starting batteries, they are single purpose in function and design. The “SLI” design – starting, lighting and ignition – is pulse starting, but should not be deep cycled. Doing so will shorten service life dramatically.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car