lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2020, 03:44 PM   #1
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

Default Precedent steering question / binding (?)

Have a precedent with lift kit. Lately when reversing sharply (like when backing up a trailer), the driver's side front wheel will turn in to the right too much relative to the passenger front will and will bind/get stuck. You have to pull forward to correct the steering. It's like the wheels turn together when I'm backing up but towards the end of the turning radius, the driver's wheel will kinda spontaneously pop in a little more right all the sudden. The wheel is then too perpendicular to keep going in reverse. Going forward, the alignment seems fine when going down the road. I do see the threads on the ball joint rods are not equal though steering seems fine (until I reach the far end of the turning radius when going in reverse as described). I don't recall it doing this a few months ago. Does something need replacing or do I need to get those threads equal? Thanks.
dawg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #2
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Default Re: Precedent steering question / binding (?)

It sounds like you have some slop or slack in a bushing or ball joint. I'd jack the front off the ground to where the wheels clear and give the wheels the old side to side test to see where it might be coming from.
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 06:17 PM   #3
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

It appears a bushing is missing. What is the part called that I need - I mean what type of bushing do I google for purchase? Is it Control Arm Bushing Sleeve Kit? Anyone know if I'll I be able to simply back that bolt out or does it lack clearance requiring some of the suspension to be removed first? Thanks again.

upload image
Old 06-16-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

What brand lift kit? Contact the manufacture and they should be able to supply the parts.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:44 PM   #5
dawg1
Not Yet Wild

gosh I don't know the brand. it was on the cart when we got it. is there anywhere specific I could look to figure out the brand?
Old 06-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #6
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

There is normally a sticker somewhere visible on the lift "advertising". They are usually just stick on's.
Does whoever you got the cart from know?
Take a picture of the complete front of the lift and someone here may be able to ID it.

If not, a machine shop may be the next route to go.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car