lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2020, 03:02 PM   #1
Johnp4x4
Not Yet Wild

Talking What is the best year/brand Cart to buy with plans to mod (speed/lift) with 5k budget

Hey there have been searching the web for a nice cart for awhile when I stumbled upon people doing performance mods with some of these carts being quite impressive. My goals for my cart quickly went from aesthetics to speed. Searching around on youtube led me to BGW, looking forward to seeing what advice you guys have.

My extremely limited knowledge leads me to believe the best way to get 30+mph and still retain some torque is to find a reliable 48v PDS or RCX cart and add a Navitas 600 amp controller. I have also seen the AC conversion kits and aftermarket motors which I am completely capable of installing. I also plan on doing a Jakes long travel kit so the cart will have over sized tires.

If y'all can point me in the right direction for which cart or more so which motor can handle that extra strain and also which mods would be best for a 30+mph lifted cart that will also see a lot of hills it would be much appreciated.

Last edited by Johnp4x4; 07-27-2020 at 03:09 PM.. Reason: Not enough information
Johnp4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2020, 06:30 AM   #2
Johnp4x4
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: What is the best year/brand Cart to buy with plans to mod (speed/lift) with 5k bu

Little update in case someone finds this thread in the future. I found a forum on fb "Golf Cart Mods" and after talking to a few of the guys it looks like my best option was a ezgo RXV with a with a navitas 600 controller. These carts are capable of high 20s stock controller with slightly larger tires so the controller should get me 30+ easily with plenty of torque for off-road.
There are plenty of threads in this forum about the RXV and the bonuses of the AC system.
I picked up a 2010 RXV with plenty of aftermarket parts for 3850, these carts have the danaher controller which is known to be problematic and many people replace them with the 2012+ Curtis controller which can be tuned for loads of power. I went for the navitas controller just because I couldn't find a good tuner local that could tune the curtis and I like the in dash OTF tuner that navitas offers. Hope this helps anyone in the future!
Johnp4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 01:25 PM   #3
JR_ECE
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What is the best year/brand Cart to buy with plans to mod (speed/lift) with 5k bu

Good question and thanks for sharing your results. I've got a cart that I've tricked out some, but considering a second one to build.
JR_ECE is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts