lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2009, 04:26 PM   #1
PUMPGAS69
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Golf cart not starting

Hello, my father has a 1994 yamaha gas golf cart. He was driving it, got off for a few min. When he came back to go again the cart would do nothing other than turn over. He has checked spark (which it has). Checked the fuel pump ( which is good). He checked the carb for debris or obstruction and it is clean. He removed the spark plug and cleaned it. He has checked just about everything he can think of and still nothing. He also tried to spray ether in the carb to see if it would at least fire over like that, but it did nothing. If anyone can shed some light on this problem it would be very appreciated. Thank you very much for your time, Jeremy.
PUMPGAS69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Golf cart not starting

One of the Yamaha tech will be with you shortly ........ Flint, why has this Yamaha lost spark for no good reason?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 05:02 PM   #3
Lightninn
Getting Wild
Club Car

Try changing the spark plug out with a new one. Sometimes a plug will show spark while checking outside the engine, but then will not have spark when installed. Cheap to try.
Lightninn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
PUMPGAS69
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightninn View Post
Try changing the spark plug out with a new one. Sometimes a plug will show spark while checking outside the engine, but then will not have spark when installed. Cheap to try.
I will have my father try this, always start simple Also thank you for the replies!
Old 09-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #5
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Start with a good tune up. The plugs on Yamaha's are usually no good if they are fowled out. What color was the spark plug when you removed it? Was it wet with gas and black? If so, it probably fowled out.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #6
PUMPGAS69
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Well my father found the problem. He did a compression check on it and it had 10 psi. Looks like its time for a rebuild. Thank you for all the replies and suggestions.
Old 09-08-2009, 06:58 PM   #7
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Hard to beleive went to 10 lbs compression just like that? I would check both accelrator cables, from pedal to goenor and from govenor to carb. If one is broke, the throttle wont open and you wouldn't get a good compression reading. I would also take the valve cover off and see if a pushrod came undun. Good luck Dave
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 10:41 PM   #8
PUMPGAS69
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Hard to beleive went to 10 lbs compression just like that? I would check both accelrator cables, from pedal to goenor and from govenor to carb. If one is broke, the throttle wont open and you wouldn't get a good compression reading. I would also take the valve cover off and see if a pushrod came undun. Good luck Dave
I thought it was strange also that it just went bad. I dont know much about golf carts and their engines. I will make sure my father checks out the things you have suggested before he does anything major. Thank you very much for the information.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Checking the valve adjustment also might save the day before a teardown.
Possible chunk of carbon between the valve and seat.
Hard to believe it went from running to 10psi comp.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha