lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #21
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help me justify a big block

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
Just be ready for your face to hurt from smiling so much....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2009, 11:26 AM   #22
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by azboo View Post
Just be ready for your face to hurt from smiling so much....
X2!! You will not be disappointed!!

Welcome to the BB club!!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:35 AM   #23
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Done deal hoping to have it by the end of the week. I HATE SPENDING MONEY, hope this is worth it.
TxJole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:38 AM   #24
Flintrock
Raised by coyotes

Yamaha

Will be the best X-Mas present you ever gave yourself!
Flintrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #25
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I asked Tom if he would call my wife and explain why this is a good present for her too.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Next question, what the market like for a J38 with bad rod bearings? Might need a new crank, might not.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxJole View Post
I asked Tom if he would call my wife and explain why this is a good present for her too.
LOL!! Would you have him call my wife too!

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:20 PM   #28
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I have the tools, I built my lift and dump box myself. After looking at it I think I'm going to just rebuild the motor including boring it, and the other cart family has at the same time. Took that one apart the cylinder looks good. Somehow the valve lash was keeping the valve open and it started hard...though the cover was never off the head. His oil ring must be gone can't explain what else made smoke the valves were not caked with oil. The valves are totally gone looks like they got used for roller skate wheels for a while, but the seats don't look bad. Not much piston slop even, hope a .25 kit will do it good.

We use them around the yard so much and going next door, at night, so being quiet and the pedal starting makes a lot of points there. I plan on getting another cart for a larger motor, but have so many home projects lined up I can barely get these torn down. Have to find that clutch puller bolt now. These were pretty drivable when we got them, but slowed down over the years (10 years). I bet they run much better after a fresh bore. They are 18 years old never touched internally. I used to spin the 22 tires pulling my boat out and now it will not even get close to doing that.

Also found the motor mount was broken on his under the starter pulley, the metal plate was broke off. I might beef mine up some there. That tension cable makes a big difference on <5mph power.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:09 PM   #29
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho305 View Post
I have the tools, I built my lift and dump box myself. After looking at it I think I'm going to just rebuild the motor including boring it, and the other cart family has at the same time. Took that one apart the cylinder looks good. Somehow the valve lash was keeping the valve open and it started hard...though the cover was never off the head. His oil ring must be gone can't explain what else made smoke the valves were not caked with oil. The valves are totally gone looks like they got used for roller skate wheels for a while, but the seats don't look bad. Not much piston slop even, hope a .25 kit will do it good.

We use them around the yard so much and going next door, at night, so being quiet and the pedal starting makes a lot of points there. I plan on getting another cart for a larger motor, but have so many home projects lined up I can barely get these torn down. Have to find that clutch puller bolt now. These were pretty drivable when we got them, but slowed down over the years (10 years). I bet they run much better after a fresh bore. They are 18 years old never touched internally. I used to spin the 22 tires pulling my boat out and now it will not even get close to doing that.

Also found the motor mount was broken on his under the starter pulley, the metal plate was broke off. I might beef mine up some there. That tension cable makes a big difference on <5mph power.
Alrighty then
Old 12-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #30
TxJole
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Looks like I will have it Thursday Dec 3rd (my birthday). Does the site need a photo write up on the CPP kit install or is there one here already?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha