lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-24-2009, 03:02 AM   #1
Twizted
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Carb Adjustment?

I have a g16 i just got a new carb for, how do you adjust the pilot and throttle as in the procedure? My problem is i run it 500 yards down the driveway then it stops running and turns over and over. Spuders a bit if you keep kicking the starter on but wont run again. Then days later it will decide its going to run all day then some days not. I have fuel and spark i'm thinking its the carb adjustments. I can choke it and it makes no difference just wont run. Any suggestions?
Twizted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-24-2009, 07:26 AM   #2
cart de golf
Gone Wild

Default Re: Carb Adjustment?

when it quits on you check if you still have spark could be you CDI unit going bad

also clean your fuel pump, replace filter

carb ajustement 1 1/2 turn out not mutch to ajust that wont make it run

check for cracked vaccum lines

valves ajustement .004" tdc cold
cart de golf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Carry an extra plug with you, when it stops, pull the plug wire, put new plug in boot, ground and check for spark.
If you got spark, pull old plug and see if it is wet.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Twizted
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok ill try that the pump is new maybe it is the coil. What is the adjustment on the carb for though and how do you adjust it since you would need to have it running while adjusting wouldn't you. Or is it for start up take off?
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 PM   #5
Twizted
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ive messed around with it i have spark just fine i think I'm loosing vacuum. What the heck is that adjustment on the carb or what adjustment can you do to the carb when i figure all this out. It always seemed to run lean by the smell on the top end then stop and not run for a while then you let it sit a couple hours and it would run again.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

i DUNNO IT'S A yAMAHA.
Sometimes those coils will go bad and won't work when hot but, you said you have spark when it won't run?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Twizted
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok so i have replaced fuel pump, then came to find out the fuel pickup neck was cracked so couldn't get fuel suction. I ordered that then replaced, so i was having more then one problem here but that wasn't all. When this all happens it runs for a while till it heats up then it conks out. It will try to run then it backfires, so I'm assuming I'm not getting spark then it loads up then i get a backfire? When i check spark i have it but doesn't seem to healthy. At this point I'm thinking it must be the coil, all the wires look fine and none of the connections are corroded or anything. My other thought that maybe the alternator isn't putting out well. In that case i wouldn't be able to sit there and turn it over and over because it wouldn't be charging the battery when it is running correct?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:39 PM   #8
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Is it black smoking out of the exhaust? I had a G16 that acted like this and it ended up being the float was set too high flooding the engine all though it was level.
Actually had to go below level to get it corrected.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:49 PM   #9
Twizted
Getting Wild

Yamaha

No black smoke that i have seen, i replaced the carb because we thought that was it also before. It did it with the old and new carb...
Old 12-01-2009, 10:05 PM   #10
Twizted
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Ok so i stopped getting spark so coil it is... Will let you guys know. Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha