lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-04-2010, 12:40 PM   #1
RSI1966
Not Yet Wild

Default Charger Shutting off after a few minutes

I have a 48v 2001 DS and I recently replaced the batteries, and battery cables. After running the cart several miles ,I can plug in the charger,it will kick on at 14 amps for about 45seconds then cut off, but the batteries are not charged. As far as I can tell I do not have an OBC , the grey control wire seems to go straight into the controller.why would my control circuit cut the charger off, when the batteries are not fully charged?Could the OBC be built in the controller?
RSI1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #2
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Charger Shutting off after a few minutes

CC 48 volt chargers come on, then shut off, then come back on again. It's the way they communicate with the OBC. You could have an issue with a relay or the OBC.

Plug it back in again and see if if does this...

ON - OFF - ON...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car