lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #11
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default Re: G1 Will Only Run Slow

Is there any change in performance when you choke it? Have you jacked up the rearend and ran it without it being under load? I know it sounds funny, but one of my g1's did the same thing and it turned out to be a clutch issue. Can you tell if it's starving for gas? I would try to squirt some mixed gas into the carb with the rearend jacked up and see if it's a gas issue(not getting enough). That way you can narrow it down to either a carb or fuel pump. Also, how is the compression? Could a ring have broken? Just some thoghts. Keep us updated.
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2010, 09:48 PM   #12
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Location: (winter) Homosassa,Fl / (summer) Bayonne,N.J./ Port Jervis, N.Y.

Cart is jacked up, compression is 130#, squirted some gas in carb, did not make much difference. Running it now off my boat tank, eliminating the fuel lines and fuel pump. It has me baffled, hate to go for a new carb and thats not it. Does not help pullind out the choke. Sprayed carb cleaner around the seals and the intake while idling, no change. Changed plug, coil and cdi unit, no change. On the jack it will spit and sputter then finally rev up, will not on the ground.....
capthump1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:54 PM   #13
BigBlockMan
Gone Wild

If it still has the exhaust throttle make sure it working and you may want to check muffler for restriction
BigBlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 PM   #14
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Butterfly is out, muffler was recently bar b qued.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by capthump1 View Post
It has not sat. It was running fine then just stalled, like it ran out of gas. When I tryed to restart it backfired and blew the impulse line off the fuel pump. I towed it back and waited till morning to look at it. I found the hose off and reattached it and used cable ties to make sure it would come off again. It restarts but won't go fast. The gas is fresh. Like I said it was running great before it stalled out.
You have blown one of your crank seals out with the backfire........
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:13 PM   #16
farleypug
Getting Wild

Is it smoking when it's jacked up and turning over? Could it possibly be loading up/flooded? I had another G1 that was loading up and I had tore the carb down like 5 times. I finally noticed the overflow line was plugged on the carb. That seams really odd that there is no change even when fuel is added. Is the plug soaked after turning it over? Possible torn diaphram in the fuel pump? Is there any fuel in the vacuum line off the crankcase to the pump? I'm just trying to think of anything. Otherwise, I'm at a loss. Crash may have called it on the crank seal going out. It just seems like it would be more simple than that.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM   #17
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

As far as the crank seals, wouldn't the rpm change when idling when I sprayed carb cleaner around them? The smoking stopped, I had a muffler Bar B Que. I had thefuel pump apart, both diaphrams looked fine,pump was clean. Right now running it with my boat tank so its out of the loop right now. I'll check the overflw line. Thanks everbody, Ed
Old 02-09-2010, 08:55 PM   #18
capthump1
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Could the reed valve cause this problem?
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 PM   #19
jreimers
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

mine was doing pretty much the same thing, turned out the impulse line was split next to the case and not getting pulse to the fuel pump. good luck, jim
jreimers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:25 PM   #20
farleypug
Getting Wild

The reed valves could definitely cause this problem! That's what basically pulls the fuel from the carb to the combustion chamber. I would definitely take that off and see if the reeds are completely flush and closed. Also make sure there is no cracks/burns/chips on the reeds themselves. On the dirtbikes I have had, I flipped the reeds over when I thought they were wearing or not closing all the way and it worked most of the time. I had a cr 250 that did the same exact thing your G1 is doing. It just wouldn't start but had everything it needed. I took the reed cage out and somehow a leaf stem was stuck in a reed keeping it open. I love my G1's other than the whole 2 stroke thing! Keep us updated.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha