lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-05-2010, 06:12 PM   #1
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default How to Test OBC

Can someone explain to me how to test the OBC on my 02 CC Regen IQ or point me somewhere online that will walk me through it? I am about to go though a rebuild and if it's bad i would like to change it now. I have seen on some other threads on checking it if charger won't shut off vs. a battery being bad, etc. However, I know my batteries are bad so I am not sure if I can go that route. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Brian
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2010, 09:58 AM   #2
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Default Re: How to Test OBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmonist View Post
Can someone explain to me how to test the OBC on my 02 CC Regen IQ or point me somewhere online that will walk me through it? I am about to go though a rebuild and if it's bad i would like to change it now. I have seen on some other threads on checking it if charger won't shut off vs. a battery being bad, etc. However, I know my batteries are bad so I am not sure if I can go that route. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

Brian
Have U seen the OBC reset procedure = http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...tting-obc.html
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 AM   #3
bdmonist
Getting Wild
Club Car

I have read that, but it didn't seem to tell me if it was good or not. I have read a lot of threads on charging problems and it seems they all eliminate other things (batteries, chargers, etc) then just say it has to be the OBC since the other things are good. I was looking for a way to test the OBC using output voltage, currents, etc to see if it was operating as it should.

Since I posted the original post, my charger finally shut off though at about 8 amps, even with the bad batteries. I tested the charger and I think it is good (the timer anyway) - so with all that I am assuming my OBC is OK. I hate to assume, but it appears from the lack of responses and information I have not been able to find that there is no way to actually perform a test on the OBC to see if it is indeed working as it should. Yes/No/Maybe?
bdmonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM   #4
GLEEMO
just leave me alone

Club Car

Yeah the best way to test the OBC is with known good batteries and a known good charger .
Once you have these it will be obvious if its bad.
And they are one of the easiest things on the cart to change out as long as you label
the ends and get the correct replacement.
If U had a hand held CDM from CC (Big $$) you could use it to read the OBC for errors , history ...etc
GLEEMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car