lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-10-2010, 08:35 PM   #11
golfcarfixer
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery meter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredglass View Post
OK so what type should i get and where and what else do i need hope you can walk me threw how to hook one up ?
Analog or digital they both work the same,you can hook it direct or splice it into your keyswitch.
golfcarfixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
scubabud
Ban Puppy Mills & Stores!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredglass View Post
OK so what type should i get and where and what else do i need hope you can walk me threw how to hook one up ?
LED is the simplest... 2 wires... one to the key switch, either side depending if you want it on all the time or only when key is on, and the other to ground.

Digital meter is just a bit more complicated... See the 1-4 on the right side of the picture attached... The meter comes with a 4 lead that plugs into the socket shown and all 4 leads are colored. Lead 1 is the 12v power, (actually 5-15v DC. Lead 2 will be the 5-15v ground lead. Lead 3 will be the Input or 48v DC + lead. And Lead 4 will be the Input ground to the 48v -. You can use the same ground for both, lead 2 if you have dip switch 4 on! You can use the power from your lights, 12v for Lead 1 and the power from your Key switch for Input 48v Lead 3. I have my meter on ALL the time but I do have a toggle switch to turn it off if I wanted it off, switched 12v+.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meter.jpg (101.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0932.jpg (105.5 KB, 26 views)
scubabud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:59 AM   #13
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

led where is a good spot to purchase one?
shatteredglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:04 AM   #14
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

easy sounds nice and i would want it to come on when i turn key on
Old 04-11-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

F.Y.I. Im not sure about the voltage style battery meter, but the led one I installed....They suggest you connect it directly to the pack to give a true reading. If it is connected to the switch, i think it shows the draw and not a true reading. Can anyone confirm this?
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #16
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by flasharps View Post
F.Y.I. Im not sure about the voltage style battery meter, but the led one I installed....They suggest you connect it directly to the pack to give a true reading. If it is connected to the switch, i think it shows the draw and not a true reading. Can anyone confirm this?
You can preform a simple test yourself with your cart. Connect a quality voltage meter to your pack and watch your voltage drop back and forth while you drive or just move it forward or backwards a bit. Your pack voltage will change and so will your switch voltage which should be your pack voltage. If you want to be really sure that both are the same... do it to both the same way... switch and pack. Besides... you can't really tell what your exact voltage is using the LED's anyway so no big deal. I would suggest to learn after stopping for over a few minutes, 5-7 min, which LED that is lit on your meter is at the actual 50% mark for your pack... 48.41v is 50% on a 48v pack... if you want to get the most out of your pack for longevity.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
flasharps
Getting Wild

Club Car

I agree!

The meter I purchased said it takes the average voltage over a 7 minute period and they recommended that it be connected directly to the pack.
flasharps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 PM   #18
ccwilly
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

scubabud, what do you do for protection of moisture ,rain, washing, with your digital meter?
ccwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
shatteredglass
Getting Wild

Club Car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/GOLF-...item2a02afca13

How hard would this be to install? i would like to have it come on when the key is on? anyone ever installed one like this?

Last edited by shatteredglass; 04-13-2010 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: URL
Old 04-13-2010, 09:41 AM   #20
scubabud

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccwilly View Post
scubabud, what do you do for protection of moisture ,rain, washing, with your digital meter?

I have a bead of silicon around the inside edge of the unit plus I use a static free bag cut to cover the bag side and held by a clip. If you are mounting in a place that won't be opened several times, possibly in the rain as in my case, then the silicon on the top and side edges are all you need.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0932.jpg (105.5 KB, 14 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car