lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2010, 09:04 PM   #1
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Honda Recon 250 into a G2

Has anyone swapped a Honda 250 Recon drivetrain into a Yami? I have both sitting in the yard and am seriously contemplating doing it. I will be using the entire drivetrain including rearend and front IFS. The way I figure the cart should do upwards of 35-40 mph The Recon is a 5 speed w/ reverse. Haven't figured out the fuel thing yet but it shouldn't be too hard.
G2Rebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Aaron Hipps
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Honda Recon 250 into a G2

Haven't swapped in a Recon drivetrain but I've got the drivetrain from a 2002 Honda Rancher 350 4x4 in my Club Car. It was a lot of work but worth it. The 329cc motor struggles a bit sometimes but it still works fine.
Aaron Hipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 10:04 PM   #3
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

How does it struggle? The cart is roughly the same weight as the 4 wheeler? The Recon is only 2wd but will go most anywhere.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Aaron Hipps
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Well I don't know I might just be overestimating the little motor. I've got the wheelbase longer the a stock cart and a 4' by 4' box on the back so I know its heavier then the quad was. With a bunch of friends in the back it really takes a lot of power away but with just two guys on it pulls pretty good. But with a stock sized cart just cruising around I bet the 250 would be fine.
Aaron Hipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 PM   #5
G2Rebel
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ok. Yeah you have alot more then I'm gonna put on the cart. I hope it'll do fine.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #6
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2Rebel View Post
Has anyone swapped a Honda 250 Recon drivetrain into a Yami? I have both sitting in the yard and am seriously contemplating doing it. I will be using the entire drivetrain including rearend and front IFS. The way I figure the cart should do upwards of 35-40 mph The Recon is a 5 speed w/ reverse. Haven't figured out the fuel thing yet but it shouldn't be too hard.
I did a 500cc Suzuki in a G9 and the fuel system was easy.
Use your stock fuel pump to feed the carb.
I drilled and tapped the carb mounting manifold for a 1/8 thread hose barb and ran my pulse hose to it. works like a champ,
Stay away from electric fuel pumps, you spend way to much on pump and regulator getting the psi low enough to not blow past the needle and seat in the carb.
start a thread and post up some pictures of your build.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha