lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #11
GregH
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 97 club car can hear motor run but car will not move

Now I have tested the motor by connecting F1 and A2, then positive to F2 and negative to A1. The motor does not turn when jumped from the batteries. I am not sure what I was hearing initially when I thought the motor was turning. Does anyone have further recommendations regarding testing the motor?
GregH is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2010, 12:49 PM   #12
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Go here and get the low voltage motor test wiring info: http://www.empinc.biz/tech_support.php
dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 07:37 PM   #13
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

your terminals are labeled F1,F2,A1,A2 ?? am I reading that correctly? If so, that is a sepex motor and you cannot jump F1 to A2 and then apply positive power to A1 and negative to F2, it simply WON'T work. To do a test on that motor (safely) you have to apply 16 volts negative to both the A2 and F2 posts and then apply 16 volts positive power to the A1 and F1 posts (at the same time). I usually use a jumper wire form A1 to F1 and another from A2 to F2 then run another jumper from the A2 to 16 volts negative and finally run a jumper from A1 to 16 volts positive. At that point you should hear the motor turning.

All of this is assuming that you have a Sepex car running that Sepex motor. If however, you have a Series car running that Sepex motor, you are going to have to find another motor for the car.

can you confirm the type of motor and the type of car you are working on please?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
GregH
Not Yet Wild

It is a 97 Club Car. The cc part number on the motor is 101854501. I put everything back in but the motor. A neighbor who works in a motor shop is going to test it for me tomorrow with their equipment. They apparently handle motor issues for some local golf courses. I will let you know when I get an answer from him. Thank you for your help.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:29 AM   #15
GregH
Not Yet Wild

The motor had a brush improperly attached. However the shop did not know how to test with 48 volts. The motor is back on, but still not turning.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
GregH
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregH View Post
The motor had a brush improperly attached. However the shop did not know how to test with 48 volts. The motor is back on, but still not turning.
I appreciate all the help. Using the correct motor test proved that the motor now works. I had it wired wrong. The cart now moves! The problem must have neen the unattached brush.

I have not been able to get much oil into the rear end. I believe I read that it takes 22oz. That is about what I took out, but haven't gotten that much back in yet.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car