lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-29-2010, 06:24 AM   #1
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

Question 1985 G1 takes a while tomove

Just received a running 1985 G1. I've been reading BGW every day in anticipation of getting the cart. It arrived via a vehicle transport company very late last night. Haven't had time to fool with it at all. This morning, went to move it from the back yard to the front. It starts up right away, but wouldn't move at all when I pressed on the accelerator. It wouldn't even change idle speed. It just sat there idling really well, almost as if the accelerator wasn't connected to anything at all. Same thing in reverse. All of a sudden, it lurched forward as if the accelerator finally began functioning. Then, it would go back to an idle, and pressing the accelerator wouldn't do anything again. It did this 4 or 5 times, same in forward and reverse, and finally began moving a bit better. I have to leave for work, but just wanted an idea as to where to begin troubleshooting. Thanks, in advance, for the help!
dspikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-29-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
GMB74
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: 1985 G1 takes a while tomove

Check the throttle cable and linkages to be sure nothing is stuck or way out of adjustment so your throttle is not opening up.
GMB74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 09:25 AM   #3
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

Will check it when I get off of work this evening. It has been transported cross country, so it may have gotten knocked around a little bit.
Old 10-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #4
rawdawg635
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hi, i have a G-1 also. Im New to these carts but pretty good with 2-strokes in general. My G-1 is very cold natured, try to pull your choke a little and go like that until it warms up. Mine usually takes off fine after it warms up but it verry sluggish like yours when cold. You might have a whole different prob.but it wont hurt to try.
rawdawg635 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
kaublr
Not Yet Wild

check the exhaust flapper linkage
kaublr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 08:40 PM   #6
essness
Not your usual outlaw

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg635 View Post
Hi, i have a G-1 also. Im New to these carts but pretty good with 2-strokes in general. My G-1 is very cold natured, try to pull your choke a little and go like that until it warms up. Mine usually takes off fine after it warms up but it verry sluggish like yours when cold. You might have a whole different prob.but it wont hurt to try.
I think this may be the answer. My G1 did not like cool to cold weather. Once it warmed up, it was great.
essness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

Where is the exhaust flapper linkage?
Old 10-30-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
dspikes
Not Yet Wild

quick update...... adjusted the screw behind the accelerator a few turns, and the cart now runs great!
Old 10-30-2010, 01:14 PM   #9
oldertwin11
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdawg635 View Post
I also have a 1985 G1. Same thing, Hold choke out when going forward until it warms up. Try this first, The simple things first. Good luck.
oldertwin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha