lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2010, 02:32 PM   #1
jdjensenmia
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default F N R Upgrade

Hey I am Stretching my marathon and instead of using my FNR switch I was thinking of using two 48v 400a 4 post HD Solenoids/Contactors. I would then just run some small #10 or 12 ga wire to a 3 position on/off/on toggle switch on the dash board to control f n r.
I know one side (big post) of the forward solenoid goes to the controller, the other (big post) terminal on the solenoid go to the motor forward S1 or reverse S2? Small wire from one side of toggle would go to small terminal on the solenoid and the other small terminal on solenoid goes to ground on Batteries.

Anyone ever try this? seems like it would handle fnr job.
jdjensenmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: F N R Upgrade

2 solenoids won't make the flip-flop. Has to be 6 terminal solenoids. Your really better off using an SW182 or SW202 reversing contactor. I've done the switch mod like your talking about. I used a factory PDS switch though.........

roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:07 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

A couple of guys have used this diagram from Rabbit . Sseaner built it with a push button relay twist... That was nice. He used 6 terminal WR #586.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rabbits solenoidF&R.jpg (84.7 KB, 25 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 05:27 PM   #4
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
A couple of guys have used this diagram from Rabbit . Sseaner built it with a push button relay twist... That was nice. He used 6 terminal WR #586.
What I don't like about the WR' method is a Quick google search netted $100 for EACH solenoid, then probly $50 more for the main. You can get a sealed 400 amp ZJWT for $95 and eliminate a bunch of connections and it's $150 cheaper.

roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
jdjensenmia
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

yeah roady I would use one each for forward and reverse and one more for the main. I think I would have to use diodes and resistors to protect the surges on the system. I was just trying to avoid running all that #2 ga wire up to the front seat I think it would kill the system with all those long runs. I'm thinking a PQ motor with a 400a or 500a alltrax prog controller.
Thanks for the input guys, the family of three has grown by Two so I need more room for the car seats and wife.
jdjensenmia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:36 AM   #6
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

roady, do you have any pics of your setup? thx
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:15 AM   #7
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Roady, the reason I use the 2 WR 6 pole solenoids is availability. since I stock the WR solenoids anyway for repairing Par Car's I use them for the conversions. If I were stocking the reversing contactor, I would use it instead.

Scotty, you made that beautiful CAD image of my rough drawing and yet you still use the drawing?? lmao......
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:19 AM   #8
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Roady, why are you using a seperate battery for the F&R toggle switch? will it operate from the pack voltage or do you HAVE to run lower voltage to it?
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The CAD is on the other computer
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO