lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
kstevens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 95 Ezgo Medalist No Power

I have a 95 electric ezgo medalist that lost power and slowly rolled to a stop and has been sitting for several weeks. The only thing I see is some wires that seem to have melted the covering in a small spot but I am not at all mechanically inclined.
Pressing the pedal makes a clicking sound, and the reverse "alert" sound works. My battery meter says full charge.
My two year old LOVES his daily rides and the shop that we can take it to is so busy it could be weeks to look at it. Besides that it may cost a fortune that I don't have right now... does anyone know if it is something I could fix?
Thank you!!
kstevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 95 Ezgo Medalist No Power

It could be any of a number of things.... Can you post pics of the melted wires?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #3
kstevens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thank you! It seemed to have melted the covering of this wire, it was the only "strange" thing I noticed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SDC11805.JPG (60.1 KB, 23 views)
Old 11-10-2010, 09:57 AM   #4
HuntinBuggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

kstevens what part of texas are you in?
HuntinBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Also looks to have melted the blue wire too. That is melted wires at both sides of the solenoid. The solenoid may have fried. If you are not mechanical at all as you said it is time to take it to a repair shop.... The controller may or may not be damaged.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 01:16 PM   #6
kstevens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I am about an hour from Austin, TX.
I can order a solenoid and have a friend install it if that is what it might be. So my next step after that should be checking the controller if I have further problems?
Thank you so much!!
Old 11-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
HuntinBuggie
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If your friend can install it, you might have him check the voltage on it first... ScottyB is the man when it comes to stuff like this, he and Rabbit helped me fix mine.... PS: go buy a good volt meter and read the book, it will save you time and $ in the long run.... Just my $0.02...
HuntinBuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 05:29 PM   #8
kstevens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks a bunch for your 2 cents!! I will read up on the voltage meter! I might not be mechanically inclined but I am willing to dig in there and try my best to do it!!
You really miss not having one when you use it all the time, my two year old just sits on it with a confused look saying "go... yeah?" haha!
Thanks again I truly appreciate the help from y'all!!
Old 11-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #9
jteam
Not Yet Wild

Hopefully you only have a bad solenoid and the controller is not damaged. Do yourself a favor and check (or have the friend do it) the connections at the motor. Sometimes the wires get brittle and start breaking which causes a poor connection. Verify the cables are in good condition and that the connection post on the motor is not loose either. I have 2 94's that have had issues on these connections. Good luck.
jteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:27 PM   #10
kstevens
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I will check the connections to the motor too. I got the voltage meter and am going to spend this weekend trying to troubleshoot. From all that I am reading... I am keeping my fingers crossed that its the solenoid, since it is a cheaper part and easier to figure out.
Thank you for all your suggestions!!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO