lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 AM   #1
eddie jones
Not Yet Wild

Default Lots of fumes and blow by. compression?

Hi all, new member with just bought cart. Bought a 2005 gas yamaha g22a with lots of fumes. Desription fits another thread, oil in filter box, oily filter. Big question? What will the compression be? Stutters once warmed up, does'nt want to go. Engine worn out? If Rings, Is it hard. I'v done lawn mowers. I paid 1500 for the 05, I thought it was a good buy, should I get my money back if I can? still within my 24 hours. Carts in nice condition, other than this big problem. Thank you for any replies.
eddie jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Lots of fumes and blow by. compression?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie jones View Post
Hi all, new member with just bought cart. Bought a 2005 gas yamaha g22a with lots of fumes. Desription fits another thread, oil in filter box, oily filter. Big question? What will the compression be? Stutters once warmed up, does'nt want to go. Engine worn out? If Rings, Is it hard. I'v done lawn mowers. I paid 1500 for the 05, I thought it was a good buy, should I get my money back if I can? still within my 24 hours. Carts in nice condition, other than this big problem. Thank you for any replies.
Compression should be 150 to 175 lbs with the throttle shaft at wide open throttle and a good battery to crank it over. The compression test will not tell you if you have collapsed oil rings though. If you have oil in the air box and filter, most likeley some dirt got into the carb, stuck the float needle. The gas has no were to go but past the rings into the crankcase, raising the oil level. That oil/gas has no were to go except thru the valve cover breather hose, into the air box and down into the carb. Eventually into the muffler also. I would remove and clean the carb, install a new fuel filter,drain the oil and replenish with 1 qt (ONLY)! You then can run the car in nuetral or just drive it around. as the muffler gets hot, the oil/gas should burn out. Let us know what happens.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #3
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
Compression should be 150 to 175 lbs with the throttle shaft at wide open throttle and a good battery to crank it over. The compression test will not tell you if you have collapsed oil rings though. If you have oil in the air box and filter, most likeley some dirt got into the carb, stuck the float needle. The gas has no were to go but past the rings into the crankcase, raising the oil level. That oil/gas has no were to go except thru the valve cover breather hose, into the air box and down into the carb. Eventually into the muffler also. I would remove and clean the carb, install a new fuel filter,drain the oil and replenish with 1 qt (ONLY)! You then can run the car in nuetral or just drive it around. as the muffler gets hot, the oil/gas should burn out. Let us know what happens.
Yep and I would keep it if the body is nice shape a top end rebuild is not a lot of money. That is a good price for your cart.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
eddie jones
Not Yet Wild

Yeah, your good, you nailed it. Float was stuck wide open. All better now after the shop repaired it for me at no cost, since they sold it to me. New air filter and oil change too. Globle carts on SR60 in titisville Florida back the carts they sale. They honered it by fixing it. Thanks a bunch. Ed

Quote:
Old 11-17-2010, 06:28 PM   #6
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Glad it worked out Didn't know if you bought it from a dealer or private seller, I would have suggested to take it back to the dealer. What are your plans for your new toy?
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:34 PM   #7
eddie jones
Not Yet Wild

My new toy, yeah. in time, lights first, which ones are best? do I need turn signals? Then the lift kit, again, which one? Wheels, 18 inch I think, which ones? Boy, I need alot of info. Glad I found this fourm. Money is a little tight, but after recouping. Can't wait to get started. THX for the help.

Quote:
Glad it worked out Didn't know if you bought it from a dealer or private seller, I would have suggested to take it back to the dealer. What are your plans for your new toy?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha