lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-01-2010, 05:15 PM   #1
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

Default Recomendations on my set and batteries

I have a 2000 ezgo txt that is lifted and is used for hunting with heavy towing, hauling and rough terrain, I am also 325 which adds to the weight of the cart.
Piece by piece I have added a D&D 8.5 high torque motor, 700 amp alltrax, 48volt(8-6v) conversion, on board charger, high speed gears, 4gauge wire and heavy duty direction control. This cart is a beast but the batteries are really running dead quickly now. I have abused them(run dead 3-4times) and they take a beating where I drive. Due to problems half the batteries are on their 4th year and half on their third year.
Here is my question, I want the most capacity from my batteries, but I am worried about all the weight my cart is carrying(top front and back racks, 8 batteries, gear, feed, myself and passengers). Should I leave my setup as it is and what battery set up should I go with? 6-8volt, 8-6vlt T-105 or the ultimate 8-6vlt T-145. With the 8 T145 I would be adding another 80lbs to an already extremely heavy cart, plus the money factor.
I am running 23" tires.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-01-2010, 06:27 PM   #2
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

Default Re: Recomendations on my set and batteries

I would go with 8 t-145. thats the most bang for the buck.
COURTESYCART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #3
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Wow... what a cart :-) Welcome also...If run time is what you want then, I would think the 8- 6v is the way to go. I put 8 -6v in my upgrade this past weekend. I have had good luck with Costco batteries, I just can't justify the cost on the Trojans. I have a question on your set up... is 4gauge wire enough ? I put 2 gauge on mine. what kind of speed are you getting ?
I am sure one of the smart guys will come along with good battery answer :-)

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
KactusKiller
Getting Wild

Well on the gauge I have 4 on the batteries and 2 on the motor and constroller. Just havnt finished. When the batterires were running good 20+, it will give you whiplash and still pull like a mule. If I knew then what I know now I would have gotten a 500 amp control and 11hp regular torque motor. When I installed the motor it was horribly slow and someone ran over my charger so I put the highspeed gears in, bought the onboard 48v charger and added two more batteries. Its a bad mother but battery capacity is a problem. Last year I tested it in my neighberhood and i probably got about 10+miles on a full charge. Now its prob 5-6.
When does the extra battery weight negate the extra capacity?
Has anyone ever tried to run 8-12v batteries in a series parrallel like the new polaris EV.
KactusKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Check over at the Extreme DC thread to see what people are doing. Some guys are running some crazy stuff. If I could do mine over, I would have gone to 72v. but I am happy with what my upgrade so far.
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 12:08 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The batteries condition and water level (electrolyte) effects their capacity. Added batteries can carry more than there own weight. This cart needs 2 gauge cables throughout. Not here and there. If you have one 4g it will choke the system some. Ultimately an electric cart is the sum of all its matched parts. I would use 8 of the biggest 6v I could find like a CR225 or similar 225ah batteries.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO