lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #1
cantcatch5
Not Yet Wild

Default EZ go ID help (very basic)

OK so I spent the day cutting out the old battery trays in a cart I have acquired which I have now nicknamed "rusty" I am now going to order new battery trays and cables (I plan on using a forum sponsor any suggestions on who are welcomed) and want to make sure the assumptions on what I have are correct so I get the right parts.

It is an EZ GO Textron with serial # 384512 A1686. I am assuming that this means it is an 86 cart and is what I keep reading you guys refering to as a TXT. Is this correct?

Thanks for helping me!

Jason
cantcatch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-26-2010, 07:43 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZ go ID help (very basic)

Welcome cantcatch5 and rusty 1986 was an ezgo marathon cart, with resistor coil speed control. All of the sponsors here are good people. Between them all they have everything you could ever need for rusty
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #3
cantcatch5
Not Yet Wild

Thank you! I thought I had it figured out that TXT stood for Textron. So the last 2 numbers in the serial number do indicate year though?

Jason
Old 12-26-2010, 08:07 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The last 2 digits of the manufacture code

Post a pic of your cart if in doubt.
TXT 1994 -2009
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:38 PM   #5
cantcatch5
Not Yet Wild

Thanks!

No way I am posting a pic of this thing with all of the beautiful carts you guys are posting pictures of! I am still not certain that it is worth fixing up. When I consider the cost of battery trays, a set of batteries and cables, lift, wheels and tires I will have more in it than the one you are selling and it still won't be half as cool.

Jason
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO