lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
bmclane@altigua.com
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How can I identify what controller I have

I have a 2001 EZGO TXT Electric Series cart. I want it to work better on hills so I am considering purchasing a higher torque motor. The supplier notes that it will require a 400 amp or better controller.

The controller looks identical as the Curtis 1200 controllers that I find on line but I have a feeling this has been upgraded from original.

Also, any other ways to get better performance on hills.

Thank you for any suggestions.
Brian
bmclane@altigua.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How can I identify what controller I have

There are more durable controllers available. The 'beefed up' stock controllers are only beefed up in some areas and not in others so the failure rate is considerably higher than a true higher amp controller where all the components are rated for the higher amperage.
For the best results, upgrade your whole drive system, not just one piece of it. (controller)
Along with a bigger 400a controller you will need a min. 200/800amp solenoid with diode and resistor and a complete cable set upgrade to 4 or 2 gauge welding cable throughout. Beef up the F&R switch to carry the high amps also. If you ignore any of the drive system components capability to handle the increased amperage flow, there will be a bottleneck effect which will hamper the performance and create heat which will damage the system. Hope this helps!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
controller txt, ezgo, hills, txt
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO