lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Preventing Battery Sulfation

I have been doing some research into preventing batteries from sulfating. I have seen the smart chargers and I have seen the other thread where the guy uses a device to undo the damage caused.

An article I found showed individuals using solar power as a very low power "trickle" charge to keep sufation from occuring. Anyone know anything about this?

In theory, it would allow our carts to sit for days/weeks continuously without having to worry about sulfation occuring. Also, the price on their kits is MUCH less than a smart charger.
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
libertybellcdr
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Preventing Battery Sulfation

I just came across this:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-obd-36v...sulphator.html

It appears to be a battery minder that's onboard, and it desulphates while you operate the cart... Anyone use anything like this?

Any experts have an opinion?
libertybellcdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
Gale Hawkins
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Preventing Battery Sulfation

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertybellcdr View Post
I just came across this:

http://www.batterymart.com/p-obd-36v...sulphator.html

It appears to be a battery minder that's onboard, and it desulphates while you operate the cart... Anyone use anything like this?

Any experts have an opinion?
That is a popular in some circles but not hear I learned a few weeks ago after buying that charger.

Long battery life comes in at a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 with most cart owners and rightfully if speed is key.

While the BatteryMINDer Model 36271 is an awesome product that will increase your run time and decrease your recharge time or they will refund your full purchase price it can be installed onboard BUT IS NOT a replacement for the cart charger. To do so will void the money back deal if the thermal fuse blows from using it as a 'cart' charger.

Yesterday I called tech support and got a live operator and live guy in support. He said to just hook it up after you start the cart charger and it will continue to clean the crystals off the plates while the cart charger is running will take over the job of keeping the batteries topped off and desulfated until you want to use the cart the next time as long as the AC does not go off and stay off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BLACK-DECKER-4-1...item335a840e41
I learned about Desulfators when I accidently purchased the first one of this model of B&D charger when WM carried them. Using it to do a 48 volt bank (either one at a time or in parallel) that had dropped 50% in run time I was able to increase the run time by 50% or I got the bank back from 50% to 75% of new life and that lasted about a year. As noted in another thread have just started to see if lighting will strike in the same place twice. :)
Gale Hawkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO