lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-17-2011, 10:28 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Help with 2001 TXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugman53 View Post
I keep the cart at my deer lease and am planning a trip this weekend. I have tried tightening the center nut but at the time was short on tools and only had a Chinese cresent wrench and tight work area. This time I will tote my tool box with some spare parts. I have a feeling with the heat at the switch and the wiggle issue it's the cam/lugs.
The base plate or housing for the switch and lugs is plastic. It doesn't take much heat to get the lugs hot enough to start melting the housing and then the lugs tilt. This is bad because contact surface area is reduced and the problem increases. Some times you can visually see the lug/studs tilt, other times they just sink in the housing.... either way if you have any studs that are red or blackish in color you probably need a new switch housing and a Good HD switch cam.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #12
tugman53
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

It looks like this should be the focus of my attention. It is pretty tight in there. I think I'll try and remove the whole switch to get a good look at everything. I have a spare f/r switch that I will probably rebuild with your cam kit and studs. I just want to make sure the center nut isnt loose before I do. I'm not sure that it doesn't have a heavy duty switch already.
tugman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 09:35 AM   #13
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tugman53 View Post
It looks like this should be the focus of my attention. It is pretty tight in there. I think I'll try and remove the whole switch to get a good look at everything. I have a spare f/r switch that I will probably rebuild with your cam kit and studs. I just want to make sure the center nut isnt loose before I do. I'm not sure that it doesn't have a heavy duty switch already.
The 'other guy's' Heavy Duty switch doesn't match up to mine. I have seen the other ones burnt up. One thing you want to consider is if the 'time out' is always about the same. Or if it runs longer and times out shorter in cooler weather. That would indicate the controller getting hot and waiting to cool down before you could go again. Just a thought on a cart that runs fine cold and then later not ....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:43 AM   #14
tugman53
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks. I have checked for heat at the controller body and on the terminals coming out of the controller. None of them have been hot to the touch. the f/r switch even when hot I can touch for a few seconds before I have to let go. I'll post the results to what I find.
tugman53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO