lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 PM   #11
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What lift do I have?

can't tell what is going on in the frt. but the rear has been lifted with a spring over. on the lift , would not worry about the shocks now, but if your are going with a rear seat you will need to go to hd springs in the rear. can you post a better pic of the whole frt. suspension?
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 PM   #12
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

the rear is lifted. can you post a better pic of the whole frt.? as to the shocks don,t worry now. if you add a rear seat, you will need to add hd rear springs.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:41 PM   #13
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

madoc1...Thanks for your interest. Have attached additional pic of whole front end...hope this helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010774.JPG (160.9 KB, 27 views)
EZduzit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:31 PM   #14
atrupiano
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

If you push on the shocks and they stay pushed in they are shot. You will need to replace them. They look original so my guess is they are done. Get new golf cart ones or put on some car shocks if you want a stiff ride. I just put some napa shocks on mine. Part #94066 they are around $16 each. But if you want to keep that golf cart style smooth ride get a stock set from one of the site sponsors.
atrupiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 09:49 PM   #15
crash12888
Gone Crazy

These are not gas shocks and if you push them in or pull them out they will stay where you leave them.
No one can answer your question about the shocks by looking at them.
Remove them and cycle them by hand, if they give a slight resistance going in and out and you don't see any oil stain around them then leave them.
Shocks do nothing but dampen bounce and maybe a slight body roll, thats all.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 PM   #16
EZduzit101
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks crash...No, I certainly didn't expect anyone could answer my question just by looking at the shocks/pics...that would take a wiz bang of a person! LOL!
Guess if I'm considering a rear flip seat, I better concentrate on HD rear leaf springs. I still need to get an opinion on the extra weight with the carts drive system. Any ideas?
EZduzit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #17
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by atrupiano View Post
If you push on the shocks and they stay pushed in they are shot.
Not true on OEM EZ-Go shocks. They are more like dampers than shock absorbers and just slow down the actions of the springs. They are not gas charged or anything spiffy at all. If they provide light or zero resistance to compression or extension they are shot.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:30 PM   #18
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Your Series drivetrain will be fine with the extra load. 4g cables and an HD solenoid would be smart upgrades, maybe even an HD F/R switch cam too. A good controller wouldn't hurt either.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 06:22 AM   #19
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

the springs have been moved from below to on top on both axles for a mild lift. looks good with those 22s.

if you go to the top of the ez-go gas forum , you will find gas tech. in there scroll down to the gold stars and go to the bennett link. you will find the parts manual for your cart.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:31 AM   #20
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if you don,t mind driving 5 mph than put the rear seat kit on it........i see them on 36 volt carts all the time but would i do it? no way.....figure the added weight of the rear seat kit itself and than 2 more people .......your asking for trouble....now if its just for show and no one riding back there with good fully charged batteries you,ll be ok but as i said as soon as someones back there......and forget about the slighest of inclines you,ll have to jump off and push........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO