lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #1
captmatt
Not Yet Wild

Default where to start?

well i got it figured out that i have a burnt up ezgo txt sepex dcs 36v and i have not a clue to what year it is. the wiring is crap, the controller is melted, battery tray is broke in half, body on the front and rear are trash, and the dash matches the condition as well. so, this is going to be a frame up job.

So where do i start? im taking pictures of the disassembly for reference, but i know that im going to be upgrading to 48v and i guess what system its ran does not matter anymore due to replacing everything.

here's what i would like to end up with 48v, good torque and speed, strech lift, large tires, decent wheels, built in charger, i would really like to have fwd & reverse on a switch rather than a lever. ANY tips and or suggestions would greatly be appreciated. i wanna make this thing a monster!!!

thank you all!
captmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-23-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: where to start?

A monster Electric cart for off road or on road?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

sounds like a project all right. be sure to take lots of pics and post them here. tear it down, fix and paint or powdercoat the frame, build or buy new batt. box, maybe alum. if you are going to the monster route, you should run a series set up. these can be controlled with a switch using a f/r set up like rabbit talks about. you can p/u replacement bodies for very few dollars. good luck!
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:58 AM   #4
captmatt
Not Yet Wild

It'll be used for both, no mud bogs, but still capabilities of it. Mostly street driven though.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I would seriously consider staying with the DCS system. It is a high torque sepex system that give a good balance of speed and power. I'm sure you could easily convert it to a toggle F&R
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 08:05 AM   #6
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Go the DCS route for sure. Get with Scottyb @ Carts Unlimited and get you a new controller, set of battery cables, solenoid, diode, resistor and HD F&R cam.

Then get with Robby @ Plum Quick motors and have him wave his magic wand over your motor!

Then refer to my thread since I just did a complete tear down and restore with a lot of pictures on a txt. Good reference if you need one!

Then get with the other sponsors and get some bling.

Then get back with Scotty at CU and get a stretch long travel kit and brag to everyone on the forum you have a monster cart!

Colton
Coltf1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:14 AM   #7
captmatt
Not Yet Wild

DCS it is then, thank yall for the quick replies. how can i tell what year the cart is?
Old 08-23-2011, 10:18 AM   #8
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Look at the vin tag in the passenger glove box. It will be real obvious. Post up your manufacturer code and I will tell you. It should be the last 2 numbers
Old 08-23-2011, 10:24 AM   #9
captmatt
Not Yet Wild

1996 I'm guessing , it says K2696.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:29 AM   #10
Coltf1991
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Yes sir! I told you it's obvious lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO